The New York Times re-creates the wreck of a Ukrainian passenger plane in Iran
Newspaper The New York Times Recreated and published the full chronology of the crash of a Boeing aircraft of Ukraine International Airlines in Iran. The corresponding video is published on the website of the publication, writes Lenta.ru.
As follows from stock footage, the airliner flew from Tehran to Kiev four hours after Iran hit American military facilities and put on alert the air defense forces and equipment. It is alleged that due to the unloading of excess cargo, the plane took off with a slight delay, but without deviations from the usual course, and headed north-west.
For the first three minutes, the liner gained a height of 2,4 kilometers and all this time it was reflected on radars. After a few minutes, the electronic systems stopped working, and the aircraft transmitted the last signal. Within a few seconds, Iran’s air defense missile hit the plane, it caught fire, then another liner hit the liner, which, according to The New York Times, was released from the country's secret military bases.
The fall of the Ukrainian plane to the ground occurred a few minutes later. In the fall, another explosion occurred. The wreckage scattered to a distance of almost 500 meters from the crash site. In total, the flight lasted seven minutes.
On the subject: Fatal Mistake History: Accidentally Downed Passenger Airliners
The crash killed 176 people, including 83 Iranians. Tehran admitted that it shot down a plane, mistaking it for a cruise missile. In MMinistry of Foreign Affairs The Islamic Republic said the error was caused by US adventurism.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Boeing-737 "Ukraine International Airlines" crashed January 8, a few minutes after departure from Tehran airport. All 176 people on board died - 167 passengers and nine crew members.
- Crashed near Tehran (Iran), Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) before the fall, made a U-turn and tried to return to the departure airport, the Iranian Civil Aviation Administration said in a preliminary report.
- The crash occurred against the backdrop of a difficult political situation. Same day earlier Iran fired rockets at military bases in Iraqwhere were the US military. This was done in response to killing by Americans of high-ranking Iranian commander Kassem Suleimani a few days before.
- On January 9, a Ukrainian official stated that the country sees Russia's missile strike as one of several possible reasons crash of the Ukrainian passenger plane.
- As stated in a statement by the Iranian General Staff, a few hours after Iran’s missile attacks on US military bases, the number of flights of US military aircraft increased significantly, and "this circumstance caused increased sensitivity among the air defense units."
- US President Donald Trump said that doubts that the Ukrainian Boeing 737 crashed in Iran crashed due to technical problems. He was supported by the prime ministers of Canada and the United Kingdom. However, until saturday Iran these charges rejected and insisted that the most likely cause of the disaster was a technical malfunction.
- Iranian authorities said that Boeing of Ukraine International Airlines flew close to the war zone and was unintentionally shot down. The head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps said the air defense system operator mistook the plane for a cruise missile and shot it down, failing to contact the command.
- Life stories of Ukrainians who died in a plane crash in Iran, read in our material.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 90 [name] => Iran [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => iran)Iran
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 518 [name] => plane [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => samolet)aircraft
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28299 [name] => UIA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => mau)UIA
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.