Berlin Clinic Returns 'Putin's Chef' A Million Intended For Navalny's Treatment
The German clinic Charite returned 1 million rubles ($ 13), which the pro-Kremlin businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin sent to the treatment of opposition politician Alexei Navalny. Reported by Znak with reference to the press service of the Concord company.
“On September 7, Yevgeny Prigozhin transferred 1 million rubles to the Charité for the treatment of Navalny. All this time we made inquiries about whether the clinic received money. The answer was never received. The payment was returned today. Most likely, for one of the following reasons: the first - Yevgeny Prigozhin is under sanctions, the second - in case of receiving money, the clinic will have to report to him for them, "- said in" Concord ".
The press service of Prigozhin's company also said that the Charite doctors "do not want to disclose the details of Navalny's poisoning and treatment to Yevgeny Viktorovich."
On August 31, bailiffs wrote off a little more than 107 rubles ($ 1422) from the account of opposition politician Alexei Navalny to collect debt to pro-Kremlin businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin. This amount was transferred by Prigozhin to the account of the Charite clinic.
On September 7, Prigozhin sent another tranche of 1 million rubles ($ 13) to the hospital. At the same time, the press service of "Concorde" reported that Charité reported on the previous spent funds.
Who is Prigozhin, and why is he called "Putin's chef"
The US government and Congress associate Prigozhin with the activities of the Internet Research Agency, interference in the US elections, as well as with military mercenaries from the private military company (PMC) Wagner and operations in 20 countries around the world, including Libya, Syria, the Central African Republic and Sudan.
According to "New Newspaper", US Senators Chris Koons and Marco Rubio, members of the Foreign Affairs Committee, cite a list of charges against the businessman and the PMC he "allegedly" finances. This is what the resolution notes:
- The Wagner Group, a Russian military mercenary organization staffed by current and former military and intelligence officers, “participated in the military takeover and illegal annexation of Ukraine’s Crimea region in February and March 2014, and in subsequent riots in eastern Ukraine, in Donetsk and Luhansk.
- She also provides military support to the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria; in 2015, she helped the president return a significant part of the country's territory.
- On February 7, 2018, the Wagner Group launched an armed attack on US troops near the town of Deir ezzur in eastern Syria, "prompting the United States to launch a counterattack," which the Washington Post described as "the deadliest US-Russian clash since the Cold War. war ".
- The Wagner Group supported Khalifa Haftar and his Libyan National Army by providing mercenaries, artillery, tanks, drones and ammunition in violation of the UN arms embargo. Yevgeny Prigozhin personally attended a meeting between Haftar and Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu in Moscow on November 7, 2018.
- Evgeny Prigozhin and related persons are involved in operations on behalf of the Russian government in Africa. About 235 Russian military private security guards have been deployed in the Central African Republic since 2017, some of them providing personal security for President Faustin-Arcanji Touadera. Russian citizen Valery Zakharov, a former intelligence officer, has served as security advisor to the CAR president since 2018. In July 2018, Russian journalists Orkhan Dzhemal, Kirill Radchenko and Alexander Rastorguev were killed in the Central African Republic while working on a documentary about the group's activities. Neither the government of the Central African Republic nor the government of the Russian Federation conducted credible and thorough investigations into the killing of the three journalists.
Prigozhin is also called “Putin's chef”: at one time, the businessman's company was engaged in catering for the highest officials of the state in Russia.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- On the morning of August 20, during a flight from Tomsk to Moscow, the founder of the Anti-Corruption Foundation (FBK), Alexei Navalny, felt sick on the plane. The liner made an emergency landing in Omsk, where Navalny was hospitalized in the emergency hospital No. 1, in the toxic intensive care unit. There the politician fell into a coma.
- Ex-FSB officer and opposition politician Gennady Gudkov toldwhy Navalny's associates and other politicians call the version of the involvement of the special services a priority, as well as how and with what the oppositionist could have been poisoned.
- August 21, the wife of Alexei Navalny Julia signed permission to transport her husband for treatment in Germany. On the morning of August 22, Navalny taken by plane to Berlin... He was still in a coma.
- The clinic where Navalny was taken confirmed the assumptions about his poisoning... Clinical studies have indicated a substance from the group of cholinesterase inhibitors.
- Transportation of an opposition politician to Germany on a special medical plane paid for by Russian businessman Boris Ziminwho now lives in the United States.
- In the United States Department of Commerce сообщилиthat Washington has good reason to believe that the research institutes (SRIs) of the Russian Defense Ministry are involved in the development of chemical and biological weapons.
- September 4th German laboratory found traces of Novichok in Navalny's skin, blood and urine samples.
- On September 7, the Charite clinic, where Alexei Navalny is located, released a new message: politics brought out of an artificial coma and began to gradually disconnect from the ventilator.
- On September 10, it became known that Navalny completely recovered, memory and speech returned to him.
- September 15 politician for the first time since poisoning posted a photo on Instagram. The New York Times writes that he intends to return to Russia.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13337 [name] => Our people [taxonomy] => category [slug] => nashi-ludi)Our people
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 16952 [name] => Russian businessmen [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rossijskie-biznesmeny)Russian businessmen
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.