Berlin clinic confirmed Navalny's poisoning: serious consequences are possible
The Charité clinic, where Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was taken on August 22, has confirmed allegations of his poisoning. Clinical studies have indicated a substance from the group of cholinesterase inhibitors. The exact name of the poison is still unknown. Writes about it Meduza.
As of August 24, Alexey Navalny remains in an artificial coma. Doctors at the Charité hospital assess the politician's condition as "serious", but there is no acute threat to his life. It is also noted that it is difficult to predict the consequences of the disease, the nervous system can be especially affected.
“The patient is in intensive care and is still in an artificial coma. His health has seriously suffered, but at present there is no danger to his life, ”the doctors at the Berlin hospital say, writes RBC.
Oppositionist's wife Yulia Navalnaya is in the clinic near her husband. She communicates directly with doctors.
The Charité report says that only the type of poison has been identified, but its chemical nature has not yet been established. It refers to inhibitors (delay or suppress certain processes in the body) of cholinesterase - an enzyme that carries out the breakdown reaction of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
The clinic stressed that the toxic effect of the substance with which Navalny was poisoned was confirmed in several independent laboratories at once. As a result, the doctors decided to use an appropriate antidote, namely atropine.
On the subject: Putin believes that Navalny could provoke a coup attempt
According to scientific explanations, exposure to acetylcholinesterase inhibitors causes overstimulation of synapses in neurons using acetylcholine as a neurotransmitter. This type of poison includes many powerful toxic substances, such as tabun, Novichok, VX and a number of other organophosphorus nerve agents.
In the Omsk ambulance hospital No. 1, where Alexei Navalny lay for several days, they argued that laboratory tests did not show the presence in his body of any chemical and toxicological substances that could be regarded as poisons or as products of exposure to poisons.
Navalny's associates publicly stated that the doctors of the Omsk hospital for two days did not want to give permission to transport the politician to Germany, trying to hide the fact of his poisoning. In particular, the press secretary of Navalny, Kira Yarmysh, indicated that Alexey could have been poisoned.
Upon learning of the condition of Alexei Navalny, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that their side was ready to provide the politician with all the necessary medical assistance, including in German hospitals. On the morning of August 22, the oppositionist was taken to Berlin. Also in Germany, they believe that Navalny needs personal protection.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- On the morning of August 20, during a flight from Tomsk to Moscow, the founder of the Anti-Corruption Foundation (FBK), Alexei Navalny, felt sick on the plane. According to his press secretary Kira Yarmysh, the politician said after takeoff that he was not feeling well and asked for a napkin. He had perspiration.
- The plane made an emergency landing in Omsk, where Navalny was hospitalized in the emergency hospital No. 1, in the toxic resuscitation department. There the politician fell into a coma... His associates believe that the opposition leader was poisoned. Doctors call poisoning one of the versions.
- Ex-FSB officer and opposition politician Gennady Gudkov toldwhy Navalny's associates and other politicians call the version of the involvement of the special services a priority, as well as how and with what the oppositionist could have been poisoned.
- August 21, the wife of Alexei Navalny Julia signed permission to transport her husband for treatment in Germany.
- On the morning of August 22, Navalny taken by plane to Berlin... He is still in a coma.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 536 [name] => poisoning [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => otravlenie)poisoning
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12836 [name] => Alexey Navalny [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => aleksej-navalnyj)Alexey Navalny
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.