New victims of the Dominican Republic: a group of teenagers from the United States contracted an unknown disease
A group of teenagers from Oklahoma flew to rest in the Dominican Republic and suddenly fell ill with an unknown disease, reports New York Post.
High school graduates from Deer Creek (Oklahoma) flew 8 June to the Dominican Republic and settled at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, where at least 2 Americans died and several others fell ill. Soon, the teenagers started feeling bad.
Liz McLaughlin (the mother of one of the sick girls) said that teenagers have no idea what is happening, and where the disease came from.
On the subject: Microbes in airplanes: how not to get sick during the flight
“We just don't know what's going on,” said McLaughlin. - This is water? Is it ice? This is food? Is it food processing? Is it pesticides? ”
On the first day of rest, teenagers had fun on the beach, but after dinner in the Japanese restaurant of the hotel the whole group felt bad.
“I woke up from stomach cramps, I was sweating all over,” said Bennet Hill. - I'm frozen".
Hill and six others were taken to the hospital by ambulance, where they received medicine for nausea and first aid.
On the subject: Traveling with children in the US and abroad: safety rules
“We have been connected to drippers since we first got here,” Hill said. Thus, doctors maintain the water balance in the body and try to avoid dehydration in the diseased.
It is unclear whether the unknown disease that infects adolescents is related to deaths recently reported at the resort.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, from Prince George County, Virginia, were found in a room at the Bahía Príncipe in the resort of Playa Nueva Romana, on the south-east coast of the country. The cause of death has not yet been established, but the police found no signs of violence.
- Miranda Schaupp-Werner was found dead in a hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe in La Romana 25 May.
- Relatives of 51-year-old Yvette Monique Sport told that she went to the resort last June and stopped at the Bahia Principe Resort in Punta Cana. In the room she drank a drink from the minibar and died that night.
- Delaware Woman severely beaten and left to die at a resort in the Dominican Republic. Tammy Lawrence-Daily said she wants to share her story "in the hope that women will be more knowledgeable." She said that on the second night of her vacation in January at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana resort, where she arrived with her husband and two friends, she went to the next building to have a snack. She was attacked. The woman's nose and arm are broken, she has partially lost her hearing.
- 10 Jun reported that a woman from New York claimed that because of a soda bottle filled with bleach, she was bleeding in the same resort in the Dominican Republic, where at least three American tourists died suddenly.
- Russian doctor Maria Cheremushkina, who was vacationing in the Dominican Republic, passed away on the night of june ju. Relatives learned that shortly before the incident, the girl complained of heartache, however, the necessary help was not provided to her, and the hotel staff refused to call an ambulance, so the girl went to the hospital by taxi.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 3330 [name] => disease [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => bolezn)disease
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 4248 [name] => affected [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => postradavshie)affected
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5407 [name] => Dominican Republic [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => dominikanskaya-respublika)The Dominican Republic
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27233 [name] => World [taxonomy] => category [slug] => mir)World
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.