Resort of death: another American died in the Dominican Republic
Another American died from suffocation in her hotel room in the Dominican Republic. This happened a few days before the spouses from Maryland were found dead in the same hotel.
Miranda Schaupp-Werner was discovered dead at the Grand Bahía Príncipe Hotel in La Romana 25 May - five days before 63-year-old Edward Holmes and 49-year-old Cynthia Ann Day found dead in their hotel room.
41-year-old American Shaupp-Werner "suddenly died in her hotel room ... after she arrived and drank a drink from the mini-bar in the room," said family representative Jay MacDonald. He said that before her death, she had no health problems, and she died on the day of her arrival.
Her husband, Daniel Werner, was with her when the woman began to choke and lost consciousness.
According to the hotel, Schaupp-Werner died of suffocation and pulmonary edema. According to the National Police of the Dominican Republic, the autopsy found that the American couple had died for the same reasons.
According to MacDonald, the family was alarmed by the similarity of deaths and appealed to the State Department to investigate.
A hotel representative declined comment on the death of Miranda Schaupp-Werner.
The US State Department confirmed to ABC News that Shaupp-Werner had American citizenship, and they are “actively following” the investigation of her death and the murder of Edward Nathaniel Holmes and Cynthia Ann Day, but “at the moment we are not aware of any connection between these incidents, ”the official said in a statement.
The local police said they knew about Schaupp-Werner’s death, but didn’t start a criminal investigation into this fact, since her death doesn’t look suspicious.
The police are investigating the couple’s deaths, since they were initially considered suspicious. Holmes complained of chest pains on the day of his death, but refused to call a doctor, police said.
On the subject: What to do to US citizens in case of problems abroad
- It was previously reported that Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, are from Prince George County, Virginia, were discovered in the Bahía Príncipe hotel room in the Playa Nueva Romana resort, on the south-east coast of the country. The cause of death has not yet been established, but the police found no signs of violence.
- On the same day it was reported that young spouses from Texas died from a mysterious illness while on “awesome vacation” in Fiji.
- 3, a State Department spokesman, confirmed their death in a special press statement, but was unable to provide details of the situation.
- Delaware Woman severely beaten and left to die at a resort in the Dominican Republic. Tammy Lawrence-Daily said she wants to share her story "in the hope that women will be more knowledgeable."
- She said that on the second night of her vacation in January at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana resort, where she arrived with her husband and two friends, she went to the next building to have a snack. She was attacked. The woman's nose and arm are broken, she has partially lost her hearing.
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman - There you will find a lot of positive information.