The USA has suspended the issuance of visas in most countries of the world due to coronavirus
US authorities because of the threat of coronavirus suspended the issuance of visas in most parts of the world, including Russia, they write “Vedomosti”.
This is stated in a message on the Department of State's Twitter page. The issuance of visas has been stopped since March 18. Embassies and consulates will provide visa services only in emergency cases.
“In response to COVID-2019, the Department of State suspends the provision of standard visa services in most countries of the world,” the report says.
Embassies and consulates will provide visa services only in emergency cases. The renewal date for issuing visas is not specified. On the website of the US Embassy in Moscow, it is reported that US diplomatic missions in Russia "have reduced operations to provide visa services and provide consular services to American citizens on a regular basis."
“The consular department of the US Embassy in Moscow, the US Consulate General in Yekaterinburg, as well as the US Consular Agency in Sakhalin are not closed, but will only provide consular services related to emergency situations,” the embassy said in a statement. The temporary suspension of the US Consulate General in Vladivostok was announced on the eve of March 17.
As reported by ForumDaily:
- A new virus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. In 2020, it covered all continents except Antarctica. On March 11, US President Donald Trump imposed a ban on entry from the EU. The ban came into force on Friday, March 13, and will last at least 30 days. In particular, it will concern people who have visited the Schengen area over the past 14 days.
- March 13, Trump introduced a nationwide emergency regime in the US due to coronavirus.
- On March 11, WHO recognized the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, which covered more than 110 countries. Symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Available here.
- Virologist's tips on how to protect yourself from infection - link.
- Taking advantage of the panic in the society because of the epidemic, fraudsters came up with several schemes to deceive victims of personal data and money. The most common ones can be found here.
- Having succumbed to panic due to a state of emergency, Americans are massively buying toilet paperbut they cannot explain why they need it during the epidemic.
- Read all news about coronavirus in our special project.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellanea
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10376 [name] => US visa [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => viza-v-ssha)US visa
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 26429 [name] => pandemic [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pandemiya)pandemic
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27367 [name] => US immigration [taxonomy] => category [slug] => immigraciya-v-ssha)Immigration in the USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.