Americans massively buy toilet paper, but cannot explain why they need it during an epidemic
While the whole world is wondering why in some countries, including America, they buy up toilet paper en masse, the correspondents “VOA"Decided to ask this question to shoppers of supermarkets in Los Angeles, who have been queuing since 6 am to stock up on this product for the period of the state of emergency imposed by the spread of the Chinese coronavirus in the United States.
People left the supermarket with full trolleys, most of which were occupied by toilet paper. The following answers were given to questions about why they do this:
- It was my mother who bought so much. It seems to me, just in case, suddenly it ends.
- I don't know why, they just buy everything, and I decided to buy.
- Because everyone is very scared.
- And for me it just ended. Fair. That's why I buy.
People also expressed the opinion that they buy paper because all stores may close due to a state of emergency. But it seems that most people buy simply because they see how other people buy it. And some stocked up paper because they heard rumors that it might end.
One of the respondents was surprised why people decided to buy paper, it is inedible, it would be much more logical to stock up on food.
What is worth buying: expert advice
The smartest way to prepare for the coronavirus pandemic is to stockpile pain relievers, antipyretics, prescription medications and food, according to health officials. Fox News.
People should not panic, but if the shops are still quarantined, then it is reasonable to have some (within reasonable limits) supply of food, water and basic necessities.
"Get a supply of water and food for two weeks," advises the US Department of Homeland Security's emergency preparedness website. “Check for prescription drugs to keep them in your home at all times.”
The site also recommends replenishing over-the-counter medicines. Among them are painkillers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, and vitamins.
In addition, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) asks people to look after their elderly relatives, who are at the main risk group for complications from illness.
Symptoms of COVID-19 disease caused by Chinese coronavirus: fever, cough, runny nose. They are similar to the symptoms of a cold or flu.
The health agency also recommends choosing a room in the house, which can serve as a quarantine zone for sick family members and help stop the spread of the virus to others.
“Don't share personal items such as food and drinks. Provide the sick family member with clean disposable face masks, if available, to wear at home. If necessary, clean the quarantine room and bathroom so that unnecessary contact with the sick person is avoided, ”the CDC recommends.
In the meantime, health officials continue to urge people to stay home if they are sick, work from home as much as possible, and continue daily preventative activities.
On the subject: A supermarket randomly sold cocaine instead of washing powder.
These include the constant use of napkins for coughing and sneezing, frequent washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. As well as daily disinfection of surfaces and objects in contact with the skin, using ordinary household detergent and water.
If soap and water are not available, a hand sanitizer containing 60% alcohol can be used.
Or, at worst, do it yourself yourself hand disinfectant.
As reported by ForumDaily:
- A new virus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. In 2020, it covered all continents except Antarctica. On March 11, US President Donald Trump imposed a ban on entry from the EU. It began to operate on Friday, March 13, will last at least 30 days and, in particular, will affect people who have visited the Schengen area over the past 14 days.
- March 13, Trump introduced a nationwide emergency regime in the US due to coronavirus.
- As of March 13, 1700 cases of infection with Chinese coronavirus were detected in the United States, more than 40 people died.
- On March 11, WHO recognized the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, which covered more than 110 countries. Symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Available here.
- Virologist's tips on how to protect yourself from infection - link.
- Taking advantage of the panic in the society because of the epidemic, fraudsters came up with several schemes to deceive victims of personal data and money. The most common ones can be found here.
- Read all news about coronavirus in our special project.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 6457 [name] => supermarket [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => supermarket)supermarket
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 8770 [name] => purchases [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pokupki)purchases
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 26281 [name] => panic [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => panika)panic
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28467 [name] => toilet paper [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => tualetnaya-bumaga)toilet paper
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.