Russia evacuates its diplomats from Ukraine
The Russian Foreign Ministry announced that the personnel of the Russian embassy and consulates general will be evacuated from the territory of Ukraine in the very near future, reports with the BBC.
On February 21, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the recognition of the self-proclaimed "DPR" and "LPR", after which the Ukrainians went to protests near the Russian embassy in Kiev.
According to the Russian diplomatic service, since 2014 (after the annexation of Crimea and the first aggravation of the situation in Donbass), the Russian embassy in Kiev and consulates general in Odessa, Lvov and Kharkov have been repeatedly attacked.
Russian diplomats in Ukraine received threats of physical violence, their cars were set on fire, and Kiev did not react to this, according to the Russian Foreign Ministry.
“Under the current circumstances, our first priority is to take care of Russian diplomats and employees of the embassy and consulates general. To protect their lives and safety, the Russian leadership decided to evacuate the personnel of Russian foreign missions in Ukraine, which will be implemented in the very near future,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
“In response to a growing threat”
In mid-January of this year, the American New York Times reported on the evacuation of 30 employees of the Russian consulates in Kiev and Lvov. The publication referred to a high-ranking member of the Ukrainian security service.
Family members of Russian diplomats - mostly children and wives - left Ukraine on Jan. 5, according to the NYT source, and diplomats at two other Russian consulates were instructed to prepare to leave.
The Russian Foreign Ministry called this information unreliable, saying that the Russian embassy in Kiev is operating normally.
In the 20th of January, it became known that Britain began to export some diplomats and their families from Ukraine “in response to the growing threat from Russia”, and also that the US Embassy in Kiev applied to the State Department for permission to remove some of the technical personnel from Ukraine.
In early February, Western media, citing US officials, reported that the Russian invasion could begin on February 16.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants, and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York.
Against the background of these messages, more than 30 countries recommended their citizens to leave Ukraine, some countries began to evacuate diplomats. At the same time, the United States decided to temporarily move its embassy from Kiev to Lvov.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Russia demanded to close the way to NATO for Ukraine and Georgia, in the Alliance - they refused.
- Since December, Russia began to accumulate troops on the borders with Ukraine
- Putin warned about possible war with NATO over Crimea and accused the United States of trying to hinder the development of Russia.
- The situation is heating up. Russia removes its diplomats from Ukraine and sends troops to Belarus, allegedly for the sake of exercises, and the US Secretary of State is urgently going to Kiev.
- US suspends embassy in Ukraine and take diplomats out of the country, assuring Ukraine of its full support.
- But due to the aggravation of the crisis, the United States is transferring its embassy in Ukraine from Kiev to Lviv.
- US and Europe announce Russian provocations being prepared to attack Ukraine: propaganda body video.
- In the US, they believe that Russia may invade Ukraine in some moment.
- Putin after his address to the nation signed decrees on recognition independence of the 'LPR' and 'DPR' and friendship with them.
- Soon Russia sent its army to the east of Ukraine. The terrorists of the “LPR” demand that Kiev give it the entire Luhansk region.
- European countries and the United States reacted for Russian recognition of independence 'LNR' and 'DNR' – sanctions were imposed, the heaviest from Germany.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellanea
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 377 [name] => Ukraine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ukraina)Ukraine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 580 [name] => evacuation [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => evakuatsiya)evacuation
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
stdClass Object ( [term_id] => 30614 [name] => Russian embassy [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rossijskoe-posolstvo )Russian embassy
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.