5 cases of coronavirus infection from China recorded in the USA: how to protect yourself
The United States has recorded the fifth case of infection with a dangerous coronavirus from China. Writes about this "Voice of America".
The first case of the virus in the United States was discovered in Washington state on Tuesday: a 30-year-old man returned from the Chinese city of Wuhan, where an outbreak of the virus occurred.
A second 2019-nCoV virus infection was discovered in Chicago. It is known that this is a 60-year-old woman from Chicago, Illinois. In December, she traveled to China and, returning to the United States, felt the symptoms of the disease. The incubation period, that is, the time from infection to the onset of symptoms, is from 2 days to 2 weeks.
A fourth case of infection is in a patient in Southern California. Orange County Health Department said that coronavirus was diagnosed in a person arriving from Wuhan. The patient is in isolation in a hospital in satisfactory condition. The agency’s statement said the risk of spreading the virus in Orange County is low.
There is no data about 5 cases, but in US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed the fifth case of coronavirus infection.
In China, at least 56 people died as a result of infection.
For all: the flu and respiratory season is in full swing. To stop the spread of germs, the CDC recommends getting vaccinated, taking daily preventative measures and, if necessary, taking antiviral drugs for the flu.
For medical professionals:
- Be mindful of people with a history of traveling to Wuhan, China, with fever and respiratory symptoms.
- If you are a healthcare professional caring for a patient with coronavirus, take care of yourself and follow the guidelines for infection control.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- In the Chinese city of Wuhan an outbreak of a previously unknown virus infecting the lungs was recordedwrites. January 13, it became known that the first case has already been registered outside of China.
- The number of people infected with the mysterious virus that appeared in China, significantly exceeds official data.
- World Health Organization (WHO) will convene on January 22 emergency meeting of an emergency committee at risk of a massive epidemic of deadly coronavirus 2019-nCoV from China.
- January 21 US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officially confirmed the first case of a new deadly coronavirus in the United States.
- Symptoms appeared on January 19, the diagnosis was confirmed on January 20.
- The first cases of coronavirus infection were associated with the seafood market in Wuhan. Chinese officials said this week: human-to-human transmission is confirmed.
- Read how to protect yourself from this virus. in our material.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 202 [name] => China [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => kitaj)China
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => Coronavirus 2019-nCoV [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.