Fruits and vegetables contaminated with faeces were sold in 11 US stores
11 stores in Michigan sold food contaminated with human waste products. This poses a risk to the health of consumers. Health authorities have warned consumers not to consume these foods. And while this isn't really a Kuntry Gardens product recall, it can be treated as such. More told BGR.
The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) has issued guidelines for consumers of Kuntry Gardens products. These products may contain human waste products.
MDARD explains that during one of its routine product safety checks, Kuntry Gardens discovered that raw, unprocessed human feces are being used in the fields where the products are grown. The agency explains that "the use of raw, unprocessed feces to grow foods intended for food is a violation of the Michigan Food Act, PA 92 of 2000, and other state and federal laws and regulations."
While Kuntry Gardens products are not subject to a recall, people should take this warning the same way.
The farm sold its products in the following locations:
- Kuntry Gardens, 29910 R Dr South, Homer
- Busch's Fresh Food Market stores located in Ann Arbor, Brighton, Canton, Clinton, Dexter, Farmington Hills, Livonia, Novi, Pinckney, Plymouth-Northville, Rochester Hills, Saline, South Lyon, Tecumseh, and West Bloomfield
- Simply Fresh Market, 7300 Grand River Rd, Brighton
- White Lotus, 7217 W Liberty Rd, Ann Arbor
- Argus Farm Stop, 325 W Liberty Street, Ann Arbor
- Agricole Farm Stop, 118 N Main Street, Chelsea
- Pure Pastures, 1192 Ann Arbor Rd, Plymouth
- Ypsi Coop, 312 North River Street, Ypsilanti
- Greener Pastures Market, 21202 Pontiac Trail, South Lyon
- Holiday Market, 520 S Lilley Rd, Canton
- Cherry Capitol, Traverse City
Why are human feces dangerous?
MDARD explains that to date they have not received any reports of illness. But customers who have bought fruits and vegetables at Kuntry Gardens are at risk of developing symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, yellowing of the skin, fever, abdominal cramps, loss of appetite, weakness and headache.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York
Human waste and other bodily fluids that are not handled can spread dangerous infections. For consumers, this is fraught with hepatitis A, Clostridium difficile, E. coli, rota- or norovirus.
What do we have to do
The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development advises shoppers not to eat Kuntry Gardens products. They should contact the farm or business where they purchased the goods. There they will receive instructions for disposal and reimbursement.
Contact information for consumers is available at link.
Customers who have eaten fruits and vegetables from Kuntry Gardens and are concerned about possible adverse reactions should contact their physicians.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 4923 [name] => vegetables [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ovoshhi)vegetables
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 4924 [name] => fruits [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => frukty)fruit
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5054 [name] => waste [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => othody)waste
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27234 [name] => Incidents [taxonomy] => category [slug] => kriminal)Incidents
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? - support us donate! Also subscribe to our page Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.