As a Russian guy lost a successful business in the US
- Yeah, tore off in Vegas to the fullest! Won three hundred dollars, and squandered a thousand! - Dima laughs like a naughty little boy and uncorks a bottle of water.
After a sleepless night in the city of sins, thirst torments. In his reddened eyes, the shiny lights of Las Vegas, round black chips, full of anticipation and excitement of the faces of casino visitors still glimpse. We are sitting a motley Russian company in one of the restaurants in Los Angeles and listen to Dima with curiosity. For many, such a night at the casino is still from the realm of something impermissible.
- We stopped on the way to the restaurant of Gordon Ramsay. Grilled asparagus - well, just an orgasm! And steaks of marbled beef ..., - Dima even closed his eyes for a second. Then, straightening his shoulders, he continued. - Well, the prices there, of course, are also at the level. I gave $ 500, but the whiskey was excellent.
There are notes of pleasure in his voice. From the weekend in Vegas. From gorgeous food. From myself. Intoxicated by their own success. And how can you not be intoxicated. Dima is just 35 years old, his Moving Company, also known as the moving service, brings from 10 000 to 12 000 dollars in net profit per month. And in the season so much more. Relocating to the US is easy and often, relocation services in California are among the most sought after.
Dima, as the Americans like to say, selfmade man, who made himself. Arriving in California from Krasnodar three years ago, he began as an ordinary mouver, I mean a loader. I packed my clients' belongings into boxes, wrapped them in plastic, dragged tables and chairs ... I earned $ 3000-3500 per month, which is not enough for comfortable living.
A year later, one of the clients, an American businessman, spotted Dima. Seeing how he quickly copes with the work, he offered him to transport all of his six offices. Dima decided to take a chance. I rented trucks, made a team of similarly recently moved Russian guys.
- I earned so much on that order that I could already buy three trucks, open my business. The American, without knowing it, gave me a start in life. Without it, I would not have developed it all so quickly. God bless this American! - Dima loved to repeat.
So I remembered it. At the very crest of the wave. Like a surfer who conquered the wayward Pacific Ocean in bad weather. We continued to be transported to alluring Vegas, which Dima continued to talk about. Suddenly, the familiar trill was heard - his iPhone rang.
- Well, what is it? - reluctantly he stretched. - smashed ?! Well done, what. Then you have to deduct from your salary. Tell the customer that the new plasma will be delivered to him tomorrow. That did not write a bad review.
He casually tossed the iPhone onto the table and reached for the bottle of water again. He swallowed greedily.
- Yes, my working women nakosyachili! Dropped the plasma for a thousand dollars in the client's house, - Dima shrugged his shoulders, and pulled the plate closer to him with a huge, slightly charred at the edges juicy steak. Cut off a piece and quickly bit into his teeth.
Sasha, our mutual friend, frowned. Stopped flipping the menu.
“And you think that is the norm, Dim?” Yes, they broke, but you, as a businessman, must understand these risks. Moreover, you have insurance that covers it. Why remove a thousand bucks from the guys’s salary? Well, fine a kraynyak for a hundred bucks, but not a thousand!
There was already some kind of neglect in his eyes. Dima shrugged in bewilderment.
- Mowing up next time will be less. I actually provide them with work, which of the Americans will take me into the company of Russian illegals! Yes relax, Sanya!
Sasha raised his eyebrows and stumbled into the menu again, as if realizing the uselessness of the argument. The rest of the guys from our company chose not to interfere.
After a couple of hours, everyone left. Dima rushed off in his huge silver jeep, resembling an alien ship.
About three months have passed since that moment. That company had already gathered infrequently. Once we phoned Sasha, and from the discussion of current affairs, the conversation smoothly turned to mutual friends.
- How is Dima, everything lights Vegas at the weekend? - I asked.
There was an awkward pause. And then Sasha started talking, from the speaker it blew with slight bewilderment.
- What are you, do not you know? Dima is going to close the company. Almost everyone has already left him; only two employees are left from 14, - Sasha's voice sounded calm, even mundane. - I saw him for the last time on a bike. Looks very tight with money. I lost weight decently. Not already eating these steaks for five hundred bucks.
The first few seconds I could not believe what they heard.
“When he came out on $ 10 000, it was then that he caught the star,” Sasha grinned. - You just found him in that state. Why, a businessman in the USA gives people a job. Well, the king, not otherwise. In general, he showed his real attitude. He began to fine, and in fact had no right. In general, this often happens with visitors to the United States, who quickly take off, but treats people badly ...
When Dima only developed his company, he tried to restrain himself. Workers were few. It was important to earn the trust of customers, to reach a constant level of profit. It is impossible to offend experienced movers, otherwise they will quickly go to the competitors, and he perfectly understood it. But over time, orders, and with them the profit has become more.
- He just started using the fact that many guys from Russia did not have documents yet, they worked illegally. They were afraid to complain about him, - contempt sounded in Sasha's voice. - But only experienced ones didn’t tolerate this disgusting fines and disrespect for themselves, they left immediately. And for beginners without them, oh, how hard it became. They did everything for a long time, they broke something periodically. To teach them something was necessary.
The backlash was not long in coming. Customers immediately began to leave bad reviews on Yelp, a site that in the US is used not only to search for services, but also to rate companies.
- Americans love to leave reviews there. All companies value their reputation at Yelp. Dimka thought, see, to score negative good reviews, fake. But only at least ten write them, clients will not erase their bad ones. And they came more and more. In the US, because of this, the business is even faster derailed. After all, people are watching reviews, choosing them, choosing a whole ocean here. So almost no orders. And the workers fled.
In my head, that Dima pleased with himself floated, on the crest of a wave, which she remembered. Sasha was silent for a few seconds.
- You know what's funny? Dimka is sure that the staff has destroyed everything for him! - Sasha burst out laughing. - So he says: they say, he lost his successful business because of them, he simply did not follow. And what he ruined himself, not alo. Well, the kings do not understand.
The original column is published on the portal.Yandex Zen".
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 15683 [name] => Our in the USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => nashi-v-ssha)Our in the USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 16228 [name] => Columns [taxonomy] => category [slug] => bloggers)loudspeakers
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 17821 [name] => business in the USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => biznes-v-ssha)business in the USA
Read also on ForumDaily:
We ask you for support: make your contribution to the development of the ForumDaily project
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past four years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers who helped our materials arrange life after moving to the USA, get a job or education, find a place to live or arrange a child in a kindergarten.
Now we want to ask YOU for support.
High-quality journalism requires serious financial investments and our revenues do not always cover the costs of maintaining the editorial staff, which jeopardizes the continuous operation of the site. We do not introduce a paid subscription, so that Russian-speaking immigrants in the United States can freely receive verified information in their native language. But we will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to share so that we can continuously provide useful information to thousands of immigrants.
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.