The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

Massachusetts student amputated legs and arms after eating roommate's meal

A 19-year-old college student from New England had both legs amputated to the knees after he ate leftover noodles from a restaurant. Fox13.

Photo: IStock

According to the March 2021 issue of the New England Journal, the 19-year-old man in question was admitted to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Massachusetts General Hospital as a result of "shock, multiple organ failure, and a rash."

It is noted that the 19-year-old young man was hungry and found noodles with chicken and rice in the refrigerator, brought by his neighbor from the restaurant.

The YouTube channel "Chubbyemu", run by Dr. Bernard Hsu, a licensed toxicologist, posted a video of the case on February 16th. It has since been viewed nearly 1 million times.

According to the log, he began vomiting and chills, general weakness, chest pain, shortness of breath, neck stiffness, and blurred vision. A few hours before hospitalization, his skin turned purple.

His friend took him to the emergency room, from where he was then taken by helicopter to the hospital. A friend said he ate the same food and vomited, but didn't get sick.

The man's temperature peaked at 40.5 degrees and his pulse was at 166 beats per minute. His breathing reportedly worsened after he was taken to the hospital and given oxygen.

Blood and urine tests showed that the man had Neisseria meningitidis. According to Dr. Bernard, "When bacteria are present in the blood, the blood vessels of the entire body dilate, blood pressure drops, preventing oxygen from reaching the organs."

Like the article? Support ForumDaily!(I.e.

The man was treated for a long time with many complications, including necrosis of the hands and feet and gangrene, which led to the amputation of parts of all 10 fingers and toes below the knees.

Doctors later learned that he was not given a booster dose of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine when he was 16 years old. Despite the amputations, doctors said he was "recovering relatively quickly."

You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants, and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New Y.

Read also on ForumDaily:

Emotional support plant: US hotel chain gives out potted flowers to cheer guests up

An outbreak of a mysterious disease in Tanzania: 5 people have already died

A dangerous tick-borne disease is spreading in the US: it can be fatal

Miscellanea Incidents leg amputation bacteria in food
Subscribe to ForumDaily on Google News

Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? - support us donate! Also subscribe to our page Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information. 

1179 requests in 1,962 seconds.