Shocking confession: Boeing knew about the malfunction of the 737 MAX model a year before the ship’s first crash
Boeing engineers knew about failures in the pilot's warning system about a dangerous angle of attack ("lifting" the nose of the aircraft) on the 737 MAX airliner back in 2017 - a year before the first plane crash of this model in Indonesia, the second crash happened five months later. Writes about this “Currently,”Referring to the official statement of the company.
“In 2017, within months of shipping the 737 MAX, Boeing engineers determined that the 737 MAX display system software did not meet the AOA (angle of attack) sensor requirements. Boeing's software connects the AOA sensor to a dedicated AOA indicator, which is an optional feature, ”the press release said.
The company decided that the AOA indicator will be installed on the aircraft at the request of the airline purchasing the aircraft. Consequently, if the company does not install the indicator, the data from the AOA sensor will have nowhere to be transferred.
After the engineers discovered this inconsistency, the Boeing expert committee decided that the absence of a warning sensor "did not adversely affect the safety or operation of the aircraft."
The statement also says that the company's top management did not know about the problem before the first plane crash - the flight of the Indonesian Lion Air in October 2018, when died 189 people.
After that, the company issued a new special guide to the management of the aircraft, in which this information was reflected, the statement said. But five months after crash liner in Indonesia, the second aircraft of this model fell in Ethiopia. Then 157 people died.
In the current statement, management announced that it is releasing an update to existing software, in which the AOA warning system will be installed as a basic function along with an indicator.
On the subject: Boeing confirmed the failure of another system on 737 MAX
Boeing 737 40 has been produced for years, it has become the most popular aircraft of the company. In the new MAX series, the company has found a way to achieve significant fuel savings - by 14%. To do this, the designers moved forward new engines, and the system to increase maneuvering characteristics was to compensate for the appearance of additional lift, which occurs in some flight modes, but in fact the nose of the aircraft is lifted up and tail stabilizers lower it down automatically - this is how the expert explained the system.
As wrote earlier ForumDaily:
- 10 March Ethiopian Airlines' Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft flying from Addis Ababa to Nairobi, crashed 60 km east of the capital of Ethiopia. The crash claimed the lives of 157 people, among whom were citizens of 35 countries, including three Russians.
- This disaster was the second crash of this type of aircraft in six months - at the end of October 2018, the same “Boeing” Indonesian company Lion Air fell into the Java Sea shortly after departure from Jakarta airport. All 189 people on board died.
- Immediately after the disaster in Ethiopia many countries have suspended Boeing 737 Max 8 flights.
- The latest flights of liners of the 737 Max family suspended the USA.
- Ethiopian Transport Minister Dagmavit Moges said that the “black boxes” of the crashed 10 March Boeing 737 MAX 8 speak about "Obvious similarities" with the crash of the aircraft of the same model in Indonesia in October 2018. The company does not agree with this.
- Many pilots who had to drive a Boeing 737 MAX crashed in Ethiopia versed in controlling this aircraft model via iPad tablets.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellanea
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5744 [name] => Boeing [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => boeing)Boeing
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12582 [name] => plane crash [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => aviakatastrofa)crash
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27450 [name] => 737 Max 8 [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => 737-max-8)737 Max 8
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.