A woman from Louisiana died a week after a honeymoon in the Dominican Republic: the FBI began a resort check
A woman from Louisiana died a week after returning from her honeymoon in the Dominican Republic, becoming another victim of this popular resort, where several Americans have already died under mysterious circumstances over the past year.
Meanwhile, the FBI began checking samples from the hotel’s mini-bar, where most of the tourists died, to find out if alcohol was to blame for their deaths, writes Daily Mail.
59-year-old Susan Simono passed away on June 19 in New Orleans after she was urgently hospitalized for fluid in her lungs. Her death came a week after she returned from her honeymoon in Punta Cana, where she was with her husband Keith Williams.
Her husband said he did not know about other Americans who died in the Dominican Republic over the past year.
“I would never go there if I knew,” he noted.
Although the cause of the woman’s death has not yet been established, the symptoms of Simono are similar to those of three other tourists who died at the same resort last month. All four died due to fluid in the lungs.
The news of Simono’s death appeared amid reports that the FBI began testing alcoholic beverages from at least one Bahia Principe Resort mini-bar in Punta Cana.
The Dominican Republic Ministry of Health has stated that the FBI is assisting them in the investigation to determine what may be causing the death and illness of tourists. FBI agents also conduct toxicological tests on the bodies of three Americans killed under similar circumstances.
Samples for testing are taken from mini-bars whenever someone dies in a hotel room, they are checked for the presence of bacteria. The water from the showers and sinks of the hotel is also checked.
Last week, the FBI reported that it was investigating deaths and taking blood samples from the dead to check them at its research center in Virginia.
On the subject: 12 most dangerous countries for American tourists
Officials in the Dominican Republic insisted that all deaths were isolated incidents. However, it is alarming that most of the victims were relatively healthy people before the sudden death at the resort. It is known that some of them drank a drink from the minibar in the room before they became ill.
Of the dozen who died under different circumstances, three died in the Grand Bahia Príncipe La Romana, two in the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, one in the Excellence Resorts in Punta Cana, one in the Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville hotel, and another in Hotel Terra Linda.
Several tourists reported getting sick while on holiday in the Dominican Republic, but survived.
In an interview with Fox News 19 in June, a representative of the Dominican Republic Ministry of Health rejected concerns about the mysteriousness of deaths on the island, calling the situation “hysteria” designed to harm the tourism industry of the island nation.
“This is all hysteria against the Dominican Republic, in order to harm our tourism, this is a very competitive industry, and we accept millions of tourists, we are a popular destination. The test results are all negative, everything is food, alcohol, air is normal, ”he stressed.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, from Prince George County, Virginia, were found dead in a room at the Bahía Príncipe in the resort of Playa Nueva Romana, on the south-east coast of the country.
- Miranda Schaupp-Werner was found dead in a hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe in La Romana 25 May.
- Relatives of 51-year-old Yvette Monique Sport told that she went to the resort last June and stopped at the Bahia Principe Resort in Punta Cana. In the room she drank a drink from the minibar and died that night.
- Delaware Woman severely beaten and left to die at a resort in the Dominican Republic. Tammy Lawrence-Daily said she wants to share her story "in the hope that women will be more knowledgeable."
- She said that on the second night of her vacation in January at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana resort, where she arrived with her husband and two friends, she went to the next building to have a snack. She was attacked. The woman's nose and arm are broken, she has partially lost her hearing.
- A woman from New York claims that because of a soda bottle filled with bleach, she’s was bleeding in the same resort in the Dominican Republic, where at least three American tourists died suddenly.
- 31 is a summer tourist from Russia Maria Cheremushkina passed away during the holidays Dominican Republic. The incident occurred on the night of June 1. Relatives learned that shortly before the incident, the girl complained of heartache, but the necessary help was not provided to her. For some reason, she was taken to the hospital by taxi, because the ambulance staff refused to call the hotel.
- Deer Creek High School Alumni (Oklahoma) flew out 8 was in June in the Dominican Republic and settled at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, where at least 2 Americans were killed and several others fell ill. Soon, the teenagers felt bad, they could not establish the diagnosis.
- 18 June became aware of the death in the Dominican Republic of 55-year-old Joseph Allen from New Jersey. Him body 13 Jun found on the floor of the hotel room.
Read also on ForumDaily:
Dear ForumDaily readers!
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past four years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers who helped our materials arrange life after moving to the USA, get a job or education, find a place to live or arrange a child in a kindergarten.
Now we want to ask YOU for support.
High-quality journalism requires serious financial investments and our revenues do not always cover the costs of maintaining the editorial staff, which jeopardizes the continuous operation of the site. We do not introduce a paid subscription so that Russian-speaking immigrants in the United States can freely receive verified information in their native language. But we will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to share so that we can seamlessly provide useful information to thousands of immigrants.
To cover all the components of life in the USA, we now support the work of three projects:
ForumDaily New York it is designed for Russian-speaking residents of the largest American metropolis and introduces them to important news and interesting places in the city, helps in finding a job or renting a house;
ForumDaily Woman it will help every woman in immigration to be beautiful and successful, will tell you how to improve family relations, and tell you how to arrange life in the USA;
ForumDaily It contains useful information for all those who have already moved to the United States or are just planning a relocation, tips on how to economically, but interestingly spend a vacation in America, how to fill out a declaration, find a job and organize life in the USA.
We will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to donate to the project.
Read and subscribe! We are pleased to assist you during the period of immigration, which can be quite difficult.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman - There you will find a lot of positive information.