IRS Improves Coronavirus Payment Tracking Tool: What Has Changed
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has expanded the capabilities of the special online application Get My Payment, designed to track payments within the framework of federal assistance in connection with the coronavirus, writes Fox Business.
The Internal Revenue Service has updated its Get My Payment tool to help Americans track payments related to the coronavirus.
The improvements that began to be introduced in the penultimate week of April adjusted several points related to the online tool, which was first introduced on April 15th.
The changes were made in order to help millions of taxpayers with obtaining new or expanded information, as well as to facilitate access to adding data to perform direct money transfers instead of paper checks.
“We introduced Get My Payment with new capabilities not found in any similar assistance program, including the ability to share direct deposit information that speeds payments for millions of people,” said IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig. “These improvements will help even more taxpayers. We encourage people who have not yet received their payment date to use Get My Payment again for the latest information. "
The initial version of the IRS tool frustrated taxpayers with a "Payment status not available" message if "your data is not yet in the application or you are not eligible for payment."
The error message may also appear for other reasons, for example, if the IRS did not finish processing your declaration for 2019 or you expect a direct transfer, but did not file a tax return.
The Get My Payment tool is available through IRS.gov. Taxpayers need to provide some information in order to find out the status of their payment and, if necessary, provide information about their bank account. Having a copy of the latest tax return can help speed up the process.
In accordance with President Trump’s CARES Economic Stimulation Act of $ 2 trillion, the IRS donated $ 1200 to those whose adjusted gross income is below $ 75 and $ 000 to married couples who pay taxes together and earn less than $ 2400.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Coronavirus Federal Payments will not be taxed.
- If the government does not have your direct bank account number, some will wait for mailed checks by September.
- According to the adopted package of financial assistance, there are categories of people who, despite the matching income level, will not receive assistance. Their list is here.
- The topic of government support is actively used by scammers. The schemes used by them and ways to protect themselves from them - link.
- April 15th IRS launches online tool, which will help you enter information about your account, track the payment and receive money as soon as possible. For details on how to use it, read here.
- After the start of payments, many reported that when checking the status of payment online, they found that the money was sent to Incorrect accounts, including dead.
- Most Americans will receive federal coronavirus government aid payments automatically, but there are several reasons why payment may be delayed.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 172 [name] => financial assistance [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => finansovaya-pomoshh)financial aid
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.