The White House called the new hot spots of the spread of coronavirus in the United States
Dr. Deborah Birks, coordinator of the 2019-nCoV Coronavirus Response Process at the White House, told reporters at a briefing that officials are worried about the rapid increase in cases in Cook County (Illinois) and Wayne County (Michigan). Both counties include the cities and surrounding communities of Chicago and Detroit, respectively.
“We combined all the information to not only understand where and how things are now, but also to predict how they will develop, so that we can warn doctors about where, in our opinion, the next potential hot spot is located,” said Birks.
“In all the districts I mentioned, the hot spots are in the urban areas or communities that serve this urban area,” she continued.
As the 2019-nCoV coronavirus infection testing is becoming increasingly available nationwide, public health officials have been able to more accurately determine which parts of the country are facing serious outbreaks of the virus.
In the United States, New York became the epicenter of COVID-19 disease with tens of thousands of cases in the metro area and nearly 300 deaths in the city alone.
New Orleans and the Seattle area have also been identified as major hot spots.
According to Johns Hopkins University, as of Thursday evening, March 26, more than 1400 confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV coronavirus infection have been reported in Cook County. According to the same data, just under 1400 cases were recorded in Wayne County.
JB officials Pritzker and Gretchen Whitmer called on the federal government to provide their states with additional personal protective equipment and medical tests to deal with the growing number of infections.
Earlier on March 26, President Trump outlined in a letter to the governors a plan classifying each county in the United States by risk in an attempt to ease restrictions that impede economic activity, at least in certain areas.
But officials acknowledged that such a plan would require additional data analysis. Birks told reporters that it pretty much depends on whether people will move from high-risk areas to low-risk areas.
As reported by ForumDaily:
- A new virus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. In 2020, it covered all continents except Antarctica. On March 11, US President Donald Trump imposed a ban on entering the United States from EU countries. The ban came into force on Friday, March 13, and will last at least 30 days. In particular, it will concern people who have visited the Schengen area over the past 14 days.
- March 13 Trump due to coronavirus introduced a nationwide emergency regime in the US.
- On March 11, WHO recognized the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, which covered more than 110 countries. Symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Available here.
- Virologist's tips on how to protect yourself from infection - link.
- Taking advantage of the panic in the society because of the epidemic, fraudsters came up with several schemes to deceive victims of personal data and money. The most common ones can be found here.
- Having succumbed to panic due to a state of emergency, Americans are massively buying toilet paperbut they cannot explain why they need it during the epidemic.
- Trump has signed into law on paid leave due to coronavirus. Who can count on paid leave, read here.
- Read all news about coronavirus in our special project.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 80 [name] => USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ssha)USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 3778 [name] => quarantine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => karantin)quarantine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5679 [name] => Trump [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => tramp)Tramp
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => Coronavirus 2019-nCoV [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.