Military parade in Baku, and opposition arrests in Yerevan: results of the war in Nagorno-Karabakh
On December 10, a military parade dedicated to the end of the war in Nagorno-Karabakh was held in Baku. Under the trilateral agreement between Armenia, Russia and Azerbaijan dated November 10, Baku received the territory of Karabakh, which was previously under the control of Yerevan. This is stated in the video "Voices of America".
In honor of this, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev established Victory Day, which will be celebrated annually on November 8.
On the eve, Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan arrived in Azerbaijan to participate in the parade.
“The Armenian army does not admit complete defeat. If Armenian fascism manifests itself again, the result will be the same. Azerbaijan will again break his back with its iron fist, ”Aliyev said.
At least 3 members of the Azerbaijani armed forces marched in front of Erdogan and Aliyev.
According to some media reports, the ranks of officers numbered about 2, which corresponds to the number of Azerbaijani soldiers who died during the clashes.
A week before the parade, the Azerbaijani authorities officially confirmed the number of losses. Although the figure of 2783 is not final, since more than 100 military personnel are still missing.
“You need to understand that you will not achieve anything if you rely on the Western imperialists. Relationships should be changed taking good-neighborliness as a basis, not enmity. If the people of Armenia learn from what happened in Karabakh, it will be the beginning of a new era in the region, ”Erdogan said.
The Azerbaijani army demonstrated dozens of samples of the latest military equipment and aviation. Unmanned aerial vehicles made in Turkey and Israel stood out. According to military experts, it was the drones that played a decisive role in this conflict, since they caused the maximum damage to the army of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Several samples of knocked out Armenian equipment captured during the fighting were transported in trucks across the square.
Protests in Yerevan
Meanwhile, protests by opposition supporters continue in Yerevan, calling for the immediate resignation of Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan. Police detained several rally participants who tried to enter the government building to meet with Pashinyan, and then intended to block traffic along Yerevan's central avenue.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York
In recent talks in Paris, the foreign ministers discussed the future status of Stepanakert and adjacent territories, which remained under the control of ethnic Armenians.
“We need a process of resuming dialogue, because a ceasefire is not an agreement, but the end of a war. Now we need a sustainable solution to this conflict, especially on issues related to the status of Nagorno-Karabakh, its administrative borders and methods of governance, ”French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves le Dian is convinced.
“I believe that a sustainable and just world can be achieved. I think that there is a need for this for the entire region, ”said Armenian Foreign Minister Ara Ayvazyan.
Meanwhile, human rights defenders investigated and confirmed that the Azerbaijani and Armenian servicemen had committed war crimes. The experts came to this conclusion after analyzing the videos from the conflict zone.
At the disposal of human rights defenders were 22 videos with various incidents.
The group turned to Yerevan and Baku. She asked to conduct an impartial investigation and punish not only the perpetrators directly, but also the commanders of the units and units who gave the orders.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- After the start of clashes in Nagorno-Karabakh Armenia and Azerbaijan declare martial law... Armenia reported the death of two civilians, Azerbaijan - the death of a family of five and the injury of 19 citizens. In addition, the Armenian military reported the loss of 16 soldiers and the injury of about a hundred more people. Azerbaijan has not officially announced the deaths, Armenia reports the deaths of 200 Azerbaijani soldiers.
- Into the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh a NATO member country can be involved.
- The conflict began in 1988, when the Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region announced its withdrawal from Soviet Azerbaijan. After the armed confrontation in 1992-1994, Baku lost control over the region, as well as over the seven adjacent regions. Since 1992, negotiations have been underway on a peaceful settlement of the conflict within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group, headed by three co-chairs - Russia, the United States and France.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Emmanuel Macron and US President Donald Trump issued a joint statement. They are called on the parties to the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh to stop hostilities.
- The ceasefire announced at 12:00 on Saturday 10 October lasted less than a day... The Azerbaijani side blamed Armenia for its disruption - it announced a new shelling of the city of Ganja, as a result of which a residential building was destroyed, at least nine people died. The Armenian military deny that they fired at the city and accuse Azerbaijan of violating the ceasefire.
- For the first time in the history of the conflict both sides admitted the strike... The armed forces of Azerbaijan struck a blow on the territory of Armenia, destroying a missile system ready for launch.
- Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan Vladimir Putin and Ilham Aliyev, as well as Prime Minister of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan signed a joint statement on the cessation of hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 257 [name] => Azerbaijan [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => azerbajdzhan)Azerbaijan
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12335 [name] => Nagorno-Karabakh [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => nagornyj-karabax)Nagorno-Karabakh
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 14298 [name] => military parade [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => voennyj-parad)military parade
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.