USCIS has expanded the list of forms you can fill out online.
US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced at its the official website that US troops and veterans can now file uniforms N-400 “Naturalization Application” online. A total of 10 forms are available for online submission.
Online submission allows foreigners to submit forms electronically, check the status of their case and receive notifications from USCIS. The Citizenship and Immigration Services uses new technologies to meet the needs of applicants, petitioners and staff. Regardless of the paper or electronic format of the application or petition, USCIS is committed to providing a safe and efficient process for everyone, the agency’s website said.
“We are delighted to offer a convenient online naturalization application service,” said USCIS Deputy Director of Policy Joseph Edlow. - USCIS has always been committed to supporting the immigration needs of those currently serving or previously serving the United States in the military. Citizenship is one of those special privileges that our nation provides, and we pride ourselves on naturalizing those who put their lives on the card of our country. ”
Those who currently serve or have served in the U.S. armed forces may be eligible to apply for naturalization in accordance with the special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Military personnel and veterans are exempt from fees for submitting applications for naturalization, as well as from certain requirements. Until now, US troops and veterans have filed a paper form of N-400. The provisions of the law extend certain immigration benefits to members of the military family.
In addition, USCIS may use previously submitted biometric data, if any. If US troops are outside the United States, they may submit two correctly completed FD-258 fingerprint cards and two passport-format photographs taken by the military police or officials to the Homeland Security Department, US Embassy, or US Consulate.
Individuals can file 10 USCIS forms online:
- Form AR-11, Alien's Change of Address Card
- Form G-639, Freedom of Information / Privacy Act Request
- Form I-90Application for Replace Permanent Resident Card
- Form I-130Petition for Alien Relative
- Form I-539Application to Extend / Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539, Application to Extend / Change Nonimmigrant Status is the first online application to use the USCIS electronic processing strategy. Please check your eligibility to file this form online at uscis.gov/i539online.)
- Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings Under Section 336 of the INA
- Form N-400Application for Naturalization
- Form N-565Application for Replacement Naturalization / Citizenship Document
- Form N-600Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322
To submit these forms online, you first need to create a USCIS account online at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov. This free account allows you to:
- submit forms and track their status;
- pay fees;
- track the status of your business;
- Contact USCIS through a secure inbox
- respond to evidence requests.
USCIS is still accepting the latest paper version of all forms by mail.
The Immigration Service offers a toll-free helpline telephone line 877-CIS-4MIL (877-247-4645, TTY: 800-877-8339) and e-mail email@example.com for current military personnel and their families, as well as veterans. USCIS representatives can answer calls Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 00 p.m. central time, except for federal holidays. Military personnel and their families located in the United States or abroad can access the help line at a toll-free number through their primary telephone operator or through the Switching Defense Network. Additional information is available at site.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 17021 [name] => naturalization [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => naturalizaciya)naturalization
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 18106 [name] => USCIS [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => uscis)USCIS
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27367 [name] => US immigration [taxonomy] => category [slug] => immigraciya-v-ssha)Immigration in the USA
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.