Scientists have discovered a possible 'null patient' that started the COVID-19 pandemic
The first patient to be diagnosed with the 2019-nCoV coronavirus was a shrimp seller at the Huanan market in Wuhan by the name of Wei. They write about it "News".
It is still not known for certain how a woman became infected with a new type of coronavirus and whether she was a “null patient”. Scientists continue discussions about how the infection inherent in animals was transmitted to humans and whether the seafood market was a source of infection.
The Wuhan Health Committee on December 31 reported that there were 27 people in the first group of people infected. Then it was not yet confirmed that the virus can be transmitted from person to person. However, 24 people from the list of infected people visited the Huanan market or had contacts with its employees, while four of them were members of the same family.
The first patient who developed symptoms of an unknown form of pneumonia was Wei. A shrimp saleswoman went to a doctor with fever on December 11th. The woman said that because of the business, she does not have time to lie back at home. Usually, when signs of malaise appeared, she went to the clinic on the ground floor of her house. There she was given an injection, and soon her well-being improved.
But in the case of a new illness, even two injections did not have an effect, and Wei was forced to go to another hospital, where they also could not help her. After self-medication at home was unsuccessful, on December 16, a woman came to the Sehe Hospital at the Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
According to the investigation of journalists, 11 people from the first group of infected after the onset of symptoms turned to small clinics near the market. On February 23, newspaper employees discovered that all medical facilities to which the first infected had contacted were closed.
It is noteworthy that one of the first cases had no contact with the Huanan seafood market. This was a man named Chen, who went to the hospital in Jiangxia, a suburb of Wuhan, on December 16 with high fever.
According to the man, he is engaged in finance in one of the companies and has nothing to do with the market, from which he lives at a distance of more than 30 km. It has not yet been established where Chen could become infected. However, his family did not defend themselves before he was diagnosed, but none of them was transmitted a new form of coronavirus. The one who accompanied the man to the hospital was not infected.
Chen also told reporters that half a month before the onset of symptoms, he only went to work and did not visit any other places. Presumably, he could catch the virus in the subway on the way to work or after he went to the hospital.
An outbreak of COVID-19 disease caused by the 2019-nCoV virus occurred in Wuhan, China, in late December. Outside of China, the disease was diagnosed in patients in more than 190 countries. On March 11, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced the coronavirus pandemic.
According to the latest data, on March 27, almost 550 thousand cases of the disease were confirmed in the world, 25 thousand people died, more than 125 thousand patients were cured.
As reported by ForumDaily:
- A new virus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. In 2020, it covered all continents except Antarctica. On March 11, US President Donald Trump imposed a ban on entering the United States from EU countries. The ban came into force on Friday, March 13, and will last at least 30 days. In particular, it will concern people who have visited the Schengen area over the past 14 days.
- March 13 Trump due to coronavirus introduced a nationwide emergency regime in the US.
- On March 11, WHO recognized the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, which covered more than 110 countries. Symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Available here.
- Virologist's tips on how to protect yourself from infection - link.
- Taking advantage of the panic in the society because of the epidemic, fraudsters came up with several schemes to deceive victims of personal data and money. The most common ones can be found here.
- Having succumbed to panic due to a state of emergency, Americans are massively buying toilet paperbut they cannot explain why they need it during the epidemic.
- Trump has signed into law on paid leave due to coronavirus. Who can count on paid leave, read here.
- Read all news about coronavirus in our special project.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 14689 [name] => patient [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => patsient)patient
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27233 [name] => World [taxonomy] => category [slug] => mir)World
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.