Tanks in the garden: a Ukrainian wants to transfer his land share to NATO, his compatriots picked up his idea
Ukrainian Demyan Ganula wants to give a land share for a NATO base. After Demyan announced plans for his land, such statements from different parts of Ukraine are currently being distributed on the Web, reports TSN.
The owner of land shares in the Kirovograd region turned to the department so that they would accept his land for free and equip their military base there.
Demyan Ganula was forced to give his land for lifetime use by the Alliance due to the threat of another Russian invasion of Ukraine. The man sent an official letter to NATO representatives and is now waiting for a response.
“It is clear that you can earn money from this site if you rent it out or sell it. But I think that the preservation of the country is more important,” the man says.
NATO military installations include airfields, ports and ammunition depots. In partner countries, there are now more than three dozen permanent bases and hundreds of mobile points. Ganula hopes that he and his son will have enough hectares for a comfortable location of the military.
In turn, lawyer Bogdan Kushnir argues that there have not yet been precedents when NATO military bases are set up in a country that is not a member of the Alliance. So far, there are no legal grounds for the military contingent to be deployed in the Kirovograd region.
“According to the law, any military formations on the territory of Ukraine are officially prohibited. If we speak in theory, then, of course, everything is possible in our country,” he notes.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York.
Meanwhile, in the village of Novoselitsa, little is known about the plans of their fellow villager. The village head declined to comment. Meanwhile, the residents of the village, given the threats from their northern neighbor, mostly approve of this decision and hope that their village, with a good location for a military base, will continue to remain peaceful.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- US intelligence found information that Russian President Vladimir Putin is planning an attack on Ukraine on several fronts at the beginning of 2022.
- According to the intelligence services, in the border regions of the Russian Federation, interfacing with Ukraine, concentrated about 100 thousand Russian military, tanks and artillery.
- The main requirement of Russia is a legally enforceable refusal of NATO to further enlargement to the east and joining the alliance of Ukraine.
- US President Joe Biden on the evening of January 2 held telephone conversation with Vladimir Zelensky, during which he promised to give a decisive response in the event of a Russian attack on Ukraine.
- January 10 in Geneva negotiations between representatives of Russia and the United States about the security guarantees that Moscow seeks from NATO.
- The United States has information that Russia in advance prepared a group of people for the operation under a false flag in eastern Ukraine to create a pretext for an invasion.
- USA supplied Ukraine lethal weapon.
- Russia evacuated almost 50 people from its consulates in Kiev and Lvov, according to a senior Ukrainian security official.
- U.S. Department of State told the families of US embassy employeesliving in Ukraine to start evacuation.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Other
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 141 [name] => NATO [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => nato)НАТО
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 377 [name] => Ukraine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ukraina)Ukraine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 586 [name] => military base [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => voennaya-baza)military base
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.