The court placed the blame for the murder of Galina Hutchins solely on Alec Baldwin
The lawsuit of the script supervisor of the film "Rust", on the set of which Alec Baldwin accidentally shot cameraman Galina Hutchins, against the producers of the picture was dismissed by the judge, reports Yahoo.
As the investigation into the Rust shooting continues, a Los Angeles judge on September 16 dismissed charges of assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress and harm on the producers of the main production company.
Recall that Alec Baldwin fired a gun during a rehearsal of the film "Rust" on the set in New Mexico on October 21, which led to the death of cameraman Galina Hutchins. The band rehearsed in a small church on the set.
The producers of Rust Movie Productions, Thomasville Pictures, Ryan Smith and Langley Cheney, have previously stated that they were not responsible for overseeing the production, that their role was to finance the film, that they did not know that Baldwin would fire the gun, and kill Hutchins. The producers made this argument in court and when they contested the fine from the New Mexico Bureau of Occupational Health and Safety.
The lawsuit was originally filed in November by script supervisor Mamie Mitchell, who is represented by prominent attorney Gloria Allred.
In her lawsuit, Mitchell alleges assault, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and intentional harm. The lawsuit was dismissed by a Los Angeles judge.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York.
“While Plaintiff alleges that the objecting Defendants assisted Baldwin by supplying the loaded gun, Plaintiff's allegations cannot establish that the Defendants who objected knew that Baldwin would fire a loaded weapon at Plaintiff, so they would be jointly responsible for his willful conduct. ', wrote the judge.
“In fact, the plaintiff’s allegations prove the opposite: the only person who knew that Baldwin was about to fire the weapon was Baldwin,” he added.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- On October 21, on the set of the film, Hollywood actor Alec Baldwin accidentally killed the cameraman and wounded the director. The Ukrainian woman was killed. Sources of claim that she could have filmed her own death.
- Court records show that weapons were readily available gunsmith and film assistant director.
- Sources claim that on the set was in complete chaos with weapons.
- The police are checking information on Alec's phone Baldwin.
- In November, the head of the lighting team on the set of the western "Rust" (Rust) Sergey Svetnoy filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles (California) because of the shooting on the set.
- Alec Baldwin gave an interview in December for the first time since the death of cameraman Galina Hutchins. The actor stated that he did not pull the trigger of the revolver.
- And the family of the murdered Rust cameraman Galina Hutchins on February 15 filed a wrongful death lawsuit against actor Alec Baldwin and other film producers, citing cost-cutting measures as the cause of the tragedy and blaming reckless behavior on Baldwin and others.
- FBI forensics on the murder of Galina Hutchins say the gun could not have fired on its own. Baldwin pulled the trigger though he denies it.
- Read the stories of the worst tragedies and accidents that occurred directly on the set in our material.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellanea
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 972 [name] => lawsuit [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => isk)action
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 7570 [name] => Alec Baldwin [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => alek-bolduin)Alec Baldwin
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27234 [name] => Incidents [taxonomy] => category [slug] => kriminal)Incidents
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 29859 [name] => "Rust" [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rzhavchina)" Rust"
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? - support us donate! Also subscribe to our page Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.