Stallone became a member of the Trump Club in Florida: who else of the rich and famous are in it
Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone became a member of the Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, owned (and frequently visited) by the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump. In the club, the actor saw an unnamed source who reported this to the press, writes Yahoo.
The source said that Stallone was spotted at the club taking pictures with other members and confirmed that "Sligh has just become a member of the Mar-a-Lago Club," which includes an impressive $ 200 entry fee (Stallone representatives have not yet commented on this information). In addition, club members pay $ 000 in annual fees annually.
After Stallone backed the late Senator John McCain in 2008, many speculated that he was a Republican, but the actor has denied this on multiple occasions since then. In 2016, he told reporters: “I love Donald Trump as a great Dickensian character,” and in 2019 he assured that he did not vote for Trump in 2016 and will not vote for him in 2020.
“I didn't vote for anyone,” he said. - I want the best person to win ... I will not go to fundraising, I am not doing anything. I'm just an old filmmaker. "
While Stallone clearly has a following among Trump followers (hence the posing for photos and tweets defending his decision to join Mar-a-Lago), he admitted in a 2019 interview that over 90% of the Hollywood film industry is the business that made him a star - has a tendency to vote for Democrats and is not very fond of Trump.
Back then, Stallone's purchase of a $ 35 million Palm Beach home a stone's throw from the club was likely a convenience rather than a political decision.
On the subject: How is the presidential club Mar-a-Lago
Who else is in the Trump club
According to The New York Times, the number of applications to join the club has skyrocketed since Trump was elected president, and revenue has soared. As of 2017 (this is the latest public information), Mar-a-Lago has 500 members (no longer possible, by agreement of the club with the Palm Beach authorities) who can use the beach, pool, spa and restaurants of this club along with many from the inner circle of Trump.
The same year Business Insider published 15 of the club's most famous members, adding that its members include Wall Street residents, real estate tycoons, energy executives and Trump campaign sponsors.
- Bill Belichick is the head coach of the New England Patriots.
- Bill Koch, brother of Charles and David Koch, founded the Oxbow Carbon refinery.
- Howie Carr is a radio talk show host and columnist for the Boston Herald.
- Thomas Peterffy is the founder, chairman and CEO of Interactive Brokers Group.
- Real estate tycoon Richard LeFrak is chairman and chief executive officer of New York-based real estate company LeFrak.
- Janet Weiner is co-owner and CFO of Rockstar Energy Drink.
- Diane Loki Farb is a real estate broker based in Houston, Texas.
- George Norcross is an insurance executive and leader of the New Jersey Democratic Party.
- Kenneth M. Duberstein is a lobbyist and corporate consultant for companies such as Pfizer, Dow Chemicals, and America's Health Insurance Plan.
- Bruce Tall is the co-founder of Toll Brothers.
- Jeff Greene is a real estate tycoon and energy investor.
- James Dolan is the owner of the New York Knicks and executive chairman of the Madison Square Garden Company.
- Beth Stern is an actress, model and wife of Howard Stern.
- The Abram Glazer family owns the NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers and controls the English football club Manchester United.
- Bestselling author James Patterson is also a member of Mar-a-Lago.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York
Edition Political gives a few more names:
- former Coca-Cola CEO Douglas Daft;
- House of Telesco, American distributor of Tommy Hilfiger;
- Debbie Porreco, descendant of Pocahontas.
Major donors to the GOP include:
- Christopher Ruddy, CEO of Newsmax;
- recycling tycoon Anthony Lomangino.
Fundraisers for Democrats:
- private investor Cynthia Friedman;
- Howard Kessler, Head of Financial Services.
Trump club members also include longtime friends of the 45th president, including Robin Bernstein, one of Trump's early supporters; developer Brian Burns; philanthropist Patrick Park.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 376 [name] => Donald Trump [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => donald-tramp)Donald Trump
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 21802 [name] => sylvester stallone [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => silvestr-stallone)Sylvester Stallone
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 22237 [name] => Mar-a-Lago [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => mar-a-lago)Mar-a-lago
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.