Boeing employees refused to train Lion Air pilots before their first flights on the 737 Max
The Indonesian airline Lion Air asked Boeing to conduct additional training for its pilots on the 737 Max simulators before they begin to operate flights on the new airliner. However, the American manufacturer refused this request, and his employees called the Indonesians idiots. Writes about it "Kommersant".
A year later, Lion Air's Boeing 737 Max crashed in Indonesia, with 189 people falling victim to the crash.
All this is evidenced by internal documents published by Boeing on January 9. However, then they were presented in an edited form. The original version of these documents was later provided. Bloomberg US House of Representatives.
“Now this Lion Air c ** anom may need a simulator to fly on Max. Maybe they are stupid? And now I have to think how to resolve all this! Idiots, ”one of the Boeing employees wrote in June 2017. His colleague answered this: “And what ...?! Their partner is already flying it! ”Obviously, what was meant here was Malindo Air, the Malaysian carrier, who was the first to launch the 737 Max.
On the subject: Calm and clean: why the seats on the plane are blue
Previously reportedthat the Boeing staff in their correspondence called the 737 Max extremely unreliable, saying that it was “created by clowns under the supervision of monkeys” and that they would never put their families on this plane. Note that earlier Boeing insisted that additional training for 737 Max pilots on simulators is not required. Now the company has changed its position, saying that it will recommend such training.
Boeing has published an internal correspondence of its own employees. They wrote to each other that the 737 Max, which was temporarily decommissioned, was unsuitable for flights, and discussed lobbying against the interests of the aviation regulator. Read about it in our material.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- 10 March Ethiopian Airlines' Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft flying from Addis Ababa to Nairobi, crashed 60 km east of the capital of Ethiopia. The crash claimed the lives of 157 people, among whom were citizens of 35 countries, including three Russians.
- This disaster was the second crash of this type of aircraft in six months - at the end of October 2018, the same “Boeing” Indonesian company Lion Air fell into the Java Sea shortly after departure from Jakarta airport. Killed all 189 people on board.
- Immediately after the disaster in Ethiopia many countries have suspended Boeing 737 Max 8 flights.
- The latest flights of the 737 Max 8 family of liners suspended the USA.
- Ethiopian Transport Minister Dagmavit Moges said that the “black boxes” of the crashed 10 March Boeing 737 MAX 8 speak about "Obvious similarities" with the crash of the aircraft of the same model in Indonesia in October 2018. The company does not agree with this.
- Many pilots who had to drive a Boeing 737 MAX crashed in Ethiopia versed in controlling this aircraft model via iPad tablets.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 518 [name] => plane [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => samolet)aircraft
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27233 [name] => World [taxonomy] => category [slug] => mir)World
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28302 [name] => Boeing 737 MAX [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => boeing-737-max)Boeing 737 MAX
Read also on ForumDaily:
We ask you for support: make your contribution to the development of the ForumDaily project
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past four years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers who helped our materials arrange life after moving to the USA, get a job or education, find a place to live or arrange a child in a kindergarten.
Now we want to ask YOU for support.
High-quality journalism requires serious financial investments and our revenues do not always cover the costs of maintaining the editorial staff, which jeopardizes the continuous operation of the site. We do not introduce a paid subscription, so that Russian-speaking immigrants in the United States can freely receive verified information in their native language. But we will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to share so that we can continuously provide useful information to thousands of immigrants.
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.