"He vomited blood and called his mother": another American died suddenly in the Dominican Republic
On July 14, the US State Department confirmed the death of another American in the Dominican Republic - in March of this year, a tourist died at a resort from a "respiratory disease." He became the 11 resident of the United States, who died in a Caribbean country this year, and at least the 14 of those whose death in the Dominican Republic is currently known.
According to his family, 31-year-old Tracy Jerome Jester, Jr., of Georgia, died shortly after going sightseeing with his sister, writes Fox News. It is not yet specified which resort the man stayed on during the trip.
“We can confirm the death of a US citizen in the Dominican Republic on March 2019 of the year,” a State Department spokesman said on Sunday. - We express our sincere condolences to the family in connection with their loss. Out of respect for the family at this difficult time, we cannot provide additional information. ”
Jester's relatives say they have questions about the true cause of death for an 31-year-old man.
“On Saturday, they went for a walk, to see the sights. They said they had a good day, ”said Jester Moore’s mother, Melody Moore.
Moore said she talked to her son after the first day of the trip — he looked quite good. But the very next day around 3: in the morning 30 sister Jester called Moore and said that her brother was very bad.
The sister said that Jester "suddenly fell on his knees and called his mother, he began to vomit blood." According to the woman, he repeated: "Mom, I can not breathe, I can not breathe!".
Moore said that on the morning of 10 the next day, her son was planning to fly home. Until the morning he did not live. The man also told his mother that he drank a carbonated drink that had an unusual taste, writes The Sun.
Jester's sister called the ambulance service, but it was too late, Moore said. It is reported that Jester suffered from lupus, but it is unclear whether this disease was associated with his sudden death.
“Like his mother, I want to go to where he was. Where he died. “Something is wrong with his death, something is really wrong,” said Moore. - I was not there when my son took the last breath. It hurts and leaves so many questions. ”
Jester is the eleventh American who died during a trip to the Dominican Republic in 2019, and the fourteenth who died there since June 2018.
In June, the country's tourism minister, Francisco Javier Garcia, condemned the journalists for allegedly presenting everything as a series of deaths. He stated that, according to the US Department of State, American tourists died solely for natural reasons.
“The Dominican Republic believes that the number of dead Americans is exaggerated,” said Garcia. “And the media took it as an avalanche of deaths.”
But several relatives of deceased Americans expressed disbelief that the authorities of the Dominican Republic had informed them of the death of their relatives. Many also expressed dissatisfaction with the US State Department, which, they said, played a too passive role in the investigation.
The FBI said it tested alcohol from at least one mini-bar in one of the rooms at the Bahia Principe resort, where several American tourists were killed.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- This is not the first time that Americans in the Dominican Republic become victims of crime or become infected with an unknown disease. Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, from Prince George County, Virginia, were found dead in a room at the Bahía Príncipe in the resort of Playa Nueva Romana, on the south-east coast of the country.
- Miranda Schaupp-Werner was found dead in a hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe in La Romana 25 May.
- Relatives of 51-year-old Yvette Monique Sport told that she went to the resort last June and stopped at the Bahia Principe Resort in Punta Cana. In the room she drank a drink from the minibar and died that night.
- A woman from New York claims that because of a soda bottle filled with bleach, she’s was bleeding in the same resort in the Dominican Republic, where several tourists died.
- 31 is a summer tourist from Russia Maria Cheremushkina passed away during the holidays Dominican Republic. The incident occurred on the night of June 1. Relatives learned that shortly before the incident, the girl complained of heartache, but the necessary help was not provided to her. For some reason, she was taken to the hospital by taxi, because the ambulance staff refused to call the hotel.
- Deer Creek High School Alumni (Oklahoma) flew out 8 was in June in the Dominican Republic and settled at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, where at least 2 Americans were killed and several others fell ill. Soon, the teenagers felt bad, they could not establish the diagnosis.
- 18 June became aware of the death in the Dominican Republic of 55-year-old Joseph Allen from New Jersey. Him body 13 Jun found on the floor of the hotel room.
- 20 June became aware that 59-year-old Susan Simono passed away on June 19 in New Orleans after she was urgently hospitalized due to fluid in her lungs. Her death came in a week after she returned from her honeymoon in Punta Cana.
- 21 June family two dead in the Dominican Republic American tourists turned to Fox News after hearing news of two other victims of the dreaded resort. It turned out that 17 was a 2016-year-old resident of Pennsylvania, 69 of September of the year 18, and 2018 of april of 41, XNUMX-year-old man from Kansas.
- 24 Jun State Department confirmed the death of another American tourist in the Dominican Republic. They became 56-year-old Vittorio Caruso from Glen Cove, Long Island.
- 26 Jun in the hospital in the island resort died Khalid Adkins from Denver. He rested there with his daughter, but he was not allowed on a plane to the United States because of a too painful look. As a result, he died in the hospital a few days later.
Read also on ForumDaily:
Dear ForumDaily readers!
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past four years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers who helped our materials arrange life after moving to the USA, get a job or education, find a place to live or arrange a child in a kindergarten.
Now we want to ask YOU for support.
High-quality journalism requires serious financial investments and our revenues do not always cover the costs of maintaining the editorial staff, which jeopardizes the continuous operation of the site. We do not introduce a paid subscription so that Russian-speaking immigrants in the United States can freely receive verified information in their native language. But we will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to share so that we can seamlessly provide useful information to thousands of immigrants.
To cover all the components of life in the USA, we now support the work of three projects:
ForumDaily New York it is designed for Russian-speaking residents of the largest American metropolis and introduces them to important news and interesting places in the city, helps in finding a job or renting a house;
ForumDaily Woman it will help every woman in immigration to be beautiful and successful, will tell you how to improve family relations, and tell you how to arrange life in the USA;
ForumDaily It contains useful information for all those who have already moved to the United States or are just planning a relocation, tips on how to economically, but interestingly spend a vacation in America, how to fill out a declaration, find a job and organize life in the USA.
We will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to donate to the project.
Read and subscribe! We are pleased to assist you during the period of immigration, which can be quite difficult.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman - There you will find a lot of positive information.