Kira Kazantsev: the first Russian-speaking Miss America
Many people from the former Soviet Union or post-Soviet countries have strongly influenced the development of the United States in various sectors: information technology, business, politics, etc.
Of course, girls with Slavic roots could not go unnoticed in the field of fashion and beauty. For example, in 2015, Kira Kazantsev received the title “Miss America” - becoming the first girl from a Russian-speaking family to receive this crown.
ForumDaily gathered key facts from her life based on her data. the official site.
1. Born in San Francisco. The girl's parents moved to the United States from Russia in 1990 year. Dad is a surgeon, mom is a real estate agent. Kira was born in San Francisco.
2. Lawyer for the protection of women's rights. She was educated at Hofstra University, continuing her studies at law school.
3. Kira loves to spend time in the Russian-speaking quarters of New York, where she has many friends. For her, it is "as if to be at home in California, where her parents live."
4. Fluent in three languages: Russian, English and Spanish.
5. She participated in beauty contests from 11 years: before 21, they were children's competitions: at the age of 13, she became a teen “Miss California”, studying at Walnut Creek Intermediate, and 16 was a youth “Miss California”. When Kira turned 21 year, she decided to try to compete with adults and won. Winning the title of “Miss New York City”, Cyrus received a $ 5000 scholarship, winning the state competition - $ 10 000, and “Miss America-2015” brought her $ 50 000.
6. It helps women who are victims of domestic violence: for this, created the platform Should Shouldn't Hurt (“Love should not hurt”). The idea of the need to create such a platform Cyrus learned from her life - in college, she said, she experienced a “very offensive relationship,” and then decided to use this experience for the benefit of other women who survived the violence, decided to show them that if you want to get rid of trauma, you can do it.
7. Engaged in journalism: writes articles in the Huffington Post, USA Today.
Read also on ForumDaily:
How to quickly and guaranteed to get the medical profession in the US
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 489 [name] => New York [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => nyu-jork)New York
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 2393 [name] => California [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => kaliforniya)California
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 6505 [name] => Miss America [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => miss-amerika)Miss America
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 8588 [name] => Beauty Queen [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koroleva-krasoty)Queen of beauty
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13337 [name] => Our people [taxonomy] => category [slug] => nashi-ludi)Our people
We ask you for support: make your contribution to the development of the ForumDaily project
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past four years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers who helped our materials arrange life after moving to the USA, get a job or education, find a place to live or arrange a child in a kindergarten.
Now we want to ask YOU for support.
High-quality journalism requires serious financial investments and our revenues do not always cover the costs of maintaining the editorial staff, which jeopardizes the continuous operation of the site. We do not introduce a paid subscription, so that Russian-speaking immigrants in the United States can freely receive verified information in their native language. But we will be grateful to you for any amount that you are willing to share so that we can continuously provide useful information to thousands of immigrants.
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.