Russia will send 10 American diplomats in response to US sanctions
Russia has decided to expel 10 American diplomats. This was announced by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Sergey Lavrov, about which they write. News.
“10 diplomats were included in the list that was sent to us with a request that they leave the United States. We will respond to this measure in a mirror image: we will offer 10 United States diplomats in the Russian Federation to leave our country, ”Lavrov said.
He added that the aide to the President of Russia Yuri Ushakov, at a meeting with US Ambassador John Sullivan, advised him to go to Washington and hold serious consultations there, writes Forbes.
"In Washington, too, sometimes the incomprehensible happens, at least not completely clear," Lavrov added.
On April 15, Washington announced that there are more than 10 members of the Russian diplomatic mission in Washington.
US President Joe Biden signed a decree on the introduction of new sanctions against Russian legal entities, organizations and the state debt.
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York.
The restrictions affected 32 legal entities and individuals from Russia, who, according to the administration of the American president, "attempted to influence the US presidential elections in 2020, as well as other acts of disinformation and interference."
Russia has declared that it will decisively respond to the new sanctions and that such a decision by the United States does not meet the interests of the peoples of the two countries.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
The sanctions targeted 32 individuals and organizations. These include:
- persons who in the past or are currently involved in the technological, military and related sectors of the Russian economy;
- persons who in the past or are currently acting in the interests of the government of the Russian Federation with the aim of cyberattacks or interference in democratic processes in the United States or in other countries;
- persons involved in international corruption;
- persons who have committed murder or harmed the health of US citizens or US allies;
- persons who infringe on the national security, political stability or territorial integrity of the United States, its allies and partners.
The sanctions list also includes high-ranking officials:
- in the government of the Russian Federation, government agencies or other structures;
- in the structures involved in the aforementioned activities;
- in structures that are directly or indirectly controlled or managed by the Government of the Russian Federation .
In addition, the spouses or adult children of the persons involved in this sanction list are on the sanctions list. In addition, American financial institutions are prohibited from participating in the purchase of Russian sovereign bonds on the primary market.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 80 [name] => USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ssha)USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12602 [name] => Russia [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => rossiya)Russia
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.