Russian hackers attacked Ukrainian company Burisma related to Biden’s son
Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company, has been hit by cyber attacks launched by Russian military intelligence, according to an American cybersecurity company Area 1 Security. Writes about this "Voice of America".
According to the company, the Main Intelligence Directorate of Russia (GRU) launched a campaign in early November to steal passwords and access codes for the system of employees of Burisma Holdings and its related companies.
“Area 1 Security also linked this campaign to stealing access codes for a similar campaign against a media organization founded by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy,” the report said.
Although the report does not disclose which media company Zelenskiy is referring to, The New York Times notes that the attacks were carried out on Kvartal 95. The hackers appeared to be trying to access the e-mails of the head of the company, Ivan Bakanov, whom Zelenskiy had appointed head of the SBU in June 2019.
Area 1 Security chief Oren Falkowitz noted that "cyber campaigns remain a geopolitical tool for waging war, influencing elections, stealing intellectual property rights and financial assets, and espionage."
Burisma is featured in the impeachment case of the American president, whom the US House of Representatives accused of pressuring Ukraine to obtain negative information about former US vice president and now leading Democratic Party politician Joe Biden. Trump rejects these allegations.
While Joe Biden was Vice President of the United States, his son served on the board of directors at Burisma.
It is not known whether the hackers found what they were looking for (and what exactly they were looking for), but experts say that the time and scale of the attacks indicate that Russians could look for materials that could adversely affect Biden, writes The New York Times.
“The Russian attacks on Burisma are paralleling attempts by Russian spies from other sources to obtain information from Burisma and Ukrainian officials,” a US security official said on condition of anonymity.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- US Special Attorney Robert Muller for a two-year investigation did not find evidence of collusion between US President Donald Trump and Russia in an attempt to influence the 2016 presidential election of the year
- Personal lawyer Rudi Giuliani spoke with cryptic warningin which he promised to bring to the clean water those who started an investigation into a conspiracy of Trump's campaign headquarters with Russia.
- Giuliani stated that former US vice president Joe Biden's corrupt practices in Ukraine may be associated with the spread of the idea of a campaign conspiracy of Trump and Russia
- 9 May 2019 it was reported that the personal lawyer of US President Donald trump Rudolph Giuliani going to Kiev, where he is scheduled to meet with the elected President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky. A day later Giuliani stated that the trip cancels. The reason is "people who are enemies of the president and the United States."
- Giuliani collected information on how Ukrainian politicians tried to influence American elections in favor of Hillary Clinton, and also helped Democrats promote the idea of a conspiracy with Trump Kremlin, which, as the investigation found out, was not really there.
- Giuliani called on Ukrainian authorities to investigate political opponents of the US president. Giuliani spoke on the phone and held a personal meeting in Madrid with a senior representative of the new President of Ukraine, urging Kiev to expedite the investigation of two issues that are of great interest to Trump.
- Congressmen became interested in a telephone conversation between the US and Ukrainian presidents as part of an investigation into whether Trump and his lawyer Rudolf Giuliani tried put pressure on Ukraine in order to help Trump's election campaign in 2020 year.
- Democrats announce formal request for US impeachment, which was triggered by a conversation between Ukrainian and American leaders.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 377 [name] => Ukraine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ukraina)Ukraine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27283 [name] => Burisma [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => burisma)Burisma
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past 5 years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers, whom our materials have helped to arrange life after moving to the United States. We have big plans, we do not want to stop or slow down the pace of work. Even now…
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected our income, and in order to stay afloat, we have to ask YOU for support. We will be grateful for any amount and will make every effort to continue to publish news and a lot of useful information just as quickly.
Thank you for being with us!
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.