Investigation: two Iranian missiles hit Ukrainian passenger plane
Tehran (Iran) published the first results of the analysis of the "black boxes" of the downed Ukrainian passenger airliner of UIA. So, we managed to find out that two missiles hit the plane with an interval of 25 seconds. After the first hit, most of the passengers were still alive, Iranian officials said Sunday August 23. Writes about this “Voice of America».
This is the first official report on the maintenance of flight recorders from the head of the Iranian Civil Aviation Organization Turaj Dehgani-Zangani.
Tehran said their gunmen accidentally shot down a Ukrainian plane in January 2020 amid extreme tensions with the United States. All 176 people who were on board the liner at that moment died.
“19 seconds after the first missile hit the plane, the voices of the pilots in the cockpit indicated that the passengers were alive. In 25 seconds the second missile hit the plane, ”Dehgani-Zangane said.
Iran is actively negotiating with Ukraine, Canada and other countries, whose citizens flew aboard a mountain carrier airliner. All these countries demanded a thorough investigation of the incident.
"The analysis of the data of the" black boxes "should not be politicized," Turaja stressed.
The Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps shot down a Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) plane on January 8, shortly after it took off from Tehran. The Iranian authorities called the incident a catastrophic mistake made by the military, brought on a high alert during a period of acute confrontation with the United States.
Officials from Iran and Ukraine are negotiating compensation payments to the families of the victims. The next hearing in this case is scheduled for October 2020.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Boeing-737 Ukraine International Airlines crashed January 8, a few minutes after departure from Tehran airport. All 176 people on board were killed - 167 passengers and nine crew members.
- The crashed near Tehran (Iran) plane of Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) before the fall, made a U-turn and tried to return to the departure airport, the Iranian Civil Aviation Administration said in a preliminary report.
- The plane crash took place against the backdrop of a difficult political environment. On the same day a little earlier Iran fired rockets at military bases in Iraqwhere were the US military. This was done in response to killing by Americans of high-ranking Iranian commander Kassem Suleimani a few days before.
- On January 9, a Ukrainian official stated that the country sees Russia's missile strike as one of several possible reasons crash of the Ukrainian passenger plane.
- As stated in a statement by the Iranian General Staff, a few hours after Iran’s missile attacks on US military bases, the number of flights of US military aircraft increased significantly, and "this circumstance caused increased sensitivity among the air defense units."
- President Donald Trump doubts that the Ukrainian Boeing 737 crashed in Iran crashed due to technical problems... He was supported by the Prime Ministers of Canada and Great Britain. However, Iran these accusations rejected and insisted that the most likely cause of the disaster was a technical malfunction.
- Iranian authorities said that Boeing of Ukraine International Airlines flew close to the war zone and was unintentionally shot down... The head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said that the air defense system operator mistook the plane for a cruise missile and shot it down without being able to contact the command.
- The decoding of the flight recorders of the plane shot down in Iran in January 2020 confirmed that the airliner was serviceable and crashed due to a missile hit.
- Life stories of Ukrainians who died in a plane crash in Iran, read in our material.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellanea
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 90 [name] => Iran [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => iran)Iran
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 377 [name] => Ukraine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ukraina)Ukraine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 518 [name] => plane [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => samolet)aircraft
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.