'There used to be a night club': how and where do the Ukrainians of Donbass receive Russian passports
The "New Russian woman" from Donbass told how and where Ukrainians from the so-called DPR and LPR receive Russian passports.
A few months ago, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree, which allowed in a special, simplified manner to issue Russian passports to residents of the separatist "DPR" and "LPR", including foreign ones. The Foreign Ministry of Ukraine expressed a sharp protest in connection with this decision and demanded that such documents not be recognized by foreign states. Some EU countries have already announced that they support Ukraine and will not recognize these documents, recalls “Currently,".
The Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs claims that as of September more than 25 of thousands of residents of the so-called “DPR” and “LPR” had received Russian citizenship, and expressed their desire to receive more than 60 of thousands of people. On average, according to the agency, about 300 passport applications are received from residents of the separatist republics per day.
All these people, upon arrival in Russia, will have to provide the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs for citizenship only with a valid passport and one of the documents confirming the right to stay (residence) in Russia. They will also need to show one of the documents confirming the birth on the territory of Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
In more detail about how the process of issuing citizenship is organized, said a resident of Lugansk. According to her, every day only from Lugansk in the direction of the uncontrolled Kiev part of the Ukrainian-Russian border leave seven special bus special flights with those wishing to obtain a Russian passport.
“In total, seven flights a day depart from Lugansk to Novoshakhtinsk - every hour from 6 morning to 12 day inclusively,” the woman said. - People are carrying large comfortable buses with the sign "International Transport." Buses depart from the overpass of the railway station, 50 people depart in one flight. In addition to the driver, a paramedic and an accompanying group from the so-called police go with them. The "policeman" has surname lists of those traveling. A ticket for a flight at the box office can only be bought by those on the list. The ticket price is 450 rubles (170 hryvnia or $ 7). ”
“I was on a flight that was leaving at 9 in the morning. When everyone got on the bus, the police officer called over and the bus drove off to 8: 57, expecting no one. After departure, the “policeman” called someone and reported that the flight to 9 in the morning had left. The same thing happened on the way back, ”the passenger describes.
According to her, the road to the border checkpoint took 2 hours, and the whole way from Lugansk to Novoshakhtinsk took 3 hours.
“From the LPR side, we passed the Dolzhansky checkpoint very quickly. There are few people there. Customs control took an hour. Phones are not checked, they only look at things, the luggage compartment and the bottom of the bus, ”the woman said. - Everything was very fast, we did not get off the bus. Border guards entered the cabin themselves, collected passports from everyone. All passengers traveled with red passports, the so-called “LPR” passports. The blue (Ukrainian) passport was only with the health worker and the driver, which surprised me very much. ”
“Lugansk“ border guards ”calmly reacted to Ukrainian passports, but in Novoshakhtinsk (on the territory of Russia) they looked at this blue passport with square eyes, as if they were terrorists. But they did not say anything, ”said a resident of the“ LPR ”.
“After the checkpoint - immediately the city. At 9 in the morning we left, on 12 of the day we were already near the Federal Migration Service (FMS), ”a resident of the separatist“ LPR ”describes. - The FMS is located on the outskirts of the city, the building is specially renovated and is open to residents of Donbass. There used to be a nightclub in this building. But it was closed and everything was remade under the FMS to accept people from Lugansk. The FMS is fenced with an iron and a half meter fence, locked. Log in only by lists. If we assume that 7 flights for 50 people arrive per day, respectively, they serve 350 people per day. ”
On the subject: Advantages and disadvantages of US citizenship
“When we parked near the FMS, there were two more buses in front of us, so we had to wait right up to 15: 10. In 15: 10, all 50 people from our group are built. The whole group was served very quickly - in an hour and 20 minutes. At 16.30, we were already free. We took fingerprints inside the FMS, we took the oath, then congratulations and the exit, ”she said.
According to the TV channel "Gromadske", residents of the "DPR" indicate in Russian passports place of birth Krasnodar Territory.
“Three people did not issue passports from 50 to three. I managed to talk with two of them - this is a mother and son, ”the interlocutor noted. - The woman was very upset, resented. They live in the village of Molodogvardeisk, and in their passports they made a mistake and indicated the birthplace of Molodogvardeisk. Now they will have to wait again, go and spend money on the trip. "
“At 20.00, I was already at home. On the way back, they didn’t even check their passport, ”she finished her story. - As the driver said, and I am inclined to believe him, 80% of those who go to get passports are people who already live in Russia, work, have relatives, real estate. With the beginning of the issuance of Russian citizenship in the Donbass, it became possible to legitimize their stay there, and they are actively using it. In my group there was one woman who herself was born in Lugansk, and her parents are from Russia. She lived here, and then she married a Petersburger, and from that moment she lives in two cities - either in St. Petersburg or in Lugansk. According to her, it is very difficult for Ukrainians who already live in Russia to draw up documents in the Russian Federation - citizenship or at least a residence permit. Says: “Come - there are terrible lines that a person can’t even write a statement. If you make at least one mistake, they cross it out and send it to come in a month. ” Whether it’s the case here: they’re getting you started, they help you to apply for a passport, they go in every way. ”
The respondent said that in her group, mainly pensioners, middle-aged people, and “a few young people” went to get passports.
On the subject: What to do to US citizens in case of problems abroad
“They come from all over the region, not only from Lugansk. There was one young doctor from the 10 clinic, somewhere up to the 30 years. He said that he needed a passport in order to leave to work in Russia, since it was impossible to work in Lugansk - there is a salary of 6-7 thousand rubles (94-109 dollars). And if he has Russian citizenship, then he will get a job without any problems and will receive not 7 thousand (104 dollars), but 40 (627 dollars), ”our interlocutor told the conversation. “But, meanwhile, many leave Ukrainian passports, and some still have pensions from Ukraine.”
The woman said that if you take immediately the domestic and foreign Russian passports, then the issue price is 5900 rubles (92,5 dollars). For Lugansk this is a large amount, but, according to her, “the whole process is organized at a high level: we can say that putting it on a grand scale obviously did not begin to be trifled with.”
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- In late April, in the Russian city of Novoshakhtinsk, the Rostov Region, they began issuing passports to residents of the occupied territories Lugansk region. The representative of the General Directorate for Migration Affairs of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia Kirill Alzinov noted that 86% of the residents of the self-proclaimed “Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics” want to receive Russian citizenship.
- 8 May, the Ukrainian government announced that it would annul Russian passports, issued to Ukrainian citizens living in the territories not controlled by Kiev, Lugansk and Donetsk regions. Kiev will never recognize the passports of Russian citizens issued to residents of Donbass, and will make the same request to other countries, said the Prime Minister of Ukraine.
- In mid-June in the Rostov region started issuing Russian passports to Ukrainiansliving in the occupied territories of the so-called Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics. According to the so-called head of the Migration Service of the DPR, Vladimir Krasnoshchek, "there are thousands of people who want to get Russian passports in Donbas."
- USA condemned the decision of Vladimir Putin simplify the issuance of Russian passports to Ukrainians living in the Russian-controlled territories of eastern Ukraine. This was stated in a statement by the US State Department. It is noted that with such provocative actions, Russia is increasing its onslaught on Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- Ambassadors of the European Union discuss the issue of issuing Russian passports citizens of Ukraine. “They instructed the European Commission to study the possibility of banning entry to the EU for citizens with these passports,” said Radio Liberty correspondent in Brussels, Ricard Josvyak.
- 17 July President of Russia Vladimir Putin signed a decree, according to which not only residents of the so-called DNR and LC, but also all who lived in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions of Ukraine will be able to obtain Russian citizenship under the simplified procedure.
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman - There you will find a lot of positive information.