US protests: Russian and Ukrainian embassies ask immigrants to stay at home
In connection with the protests in US cities, the embassies of Ukraine and Russia asked their citizens located in the United States to keep order and, if possible, avoid crowds and observe safety measures.
“In connection with the protests in certain cities of the United States, the Ukrainian Embassy in the United States recommends that Ukrainian citizens avoid crowded places, do not participate in demonstrations, unswervingly observe security measures and rules for the stay of foreigners in the country, comply with the legal requirements of law enforcement agencies, and monitor messages local authorities on the development of the situation ", - wrote Embassy of Ukraine in the USA on its Facebook page.
In case of emergency, citizens of Ukraine should contact the consular department of the Embassy of Ukraine in the United States if you are in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Virginia, Delaware, Georgia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio , Oklahoma, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Florida: hot line +1 (202) 322 2616, e-mail: email@example.com
If you are in Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Road Island, contact the Consulate General of Ukraine in New York: hot line + 1 917 325 1444, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota, contact the Consulate General of Ukraine in Chicago: hot line +1 312 536 9418, e-mail: email@example.com.
If you are in Idaho, Arizona, Wyoming, Washington, Hawaii, California, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, contact the Consulate General of Ukraine in San Francisco: hot line +1 415 690 0460, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“In response to ongoing unrest in the United States, curfews have been imposed in more than 40 cities, and in 15 states and the District of Columbia, the National Guard has been deployed to help police officers maintain public order. The situation is compounded by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. We strongly recommend that Russian citizens, permanently or temporarily in the United States, strictly follow the instructions of the authorities, avoid being in places of gathering of protesters or traveling to cities engulfed in atrocities, "wrote Russian Embassy in the USA on its Facebook page.
In the event of incidents with Russian citizens, it is necessary to immediately inform the Consular Section of the Russian Embassy in the USA by phone hotline: (202) 714 31 72
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- The protest was in memory of George Floyd, an African American from Minneapolis who died after a Minneapolis police officer strangled him with a knee. Officer Derek Chauvin was fired and charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter; three other officers also lost their jobs. Protests and riots subsequently eruptedand in Minneapolis and across the country.
- The Minnesota state governor said protests over the death of African-American George Floyd, spanning dozens of US cities, are already not related to murder, but provoked by visiting radicals.
- Protests in Minneapolis sharply intensified in the evening of May 27when city police took action in response to looted and burned shops in the city, as well as fatal shooting at a protest venue.
- May 31 truck drove into a crowd of protesters in Minneapolis (Minnesota). At the wheel of a car was a citizen of the United States, presumably of Ukrainian origin, Bogdan Vechirko.
- About 40 cities, including Los Angeles, Miami, Detroit, and Philadelphia, banned street demonstrations after dark. Texas and Virginia Governors introduced a state of emergency.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1119 [name] => protests [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => protesty)protests
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 6733 [name] => embassy of Russia [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => posolstvo-rossii)The Russian Embassy
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27300 [name] => embassy of Ukraine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => posolstvo-ukrainy)Embassy of Ukraine
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.