Taken as a scam: Americans throw quarantine financial aid cards
Since the federal government approved the payment of financial assistance in connection with the coronavirus, this money has been sent to Americans in various ways, including direct deposits, paper checks and debit cards. A number of methods are designed to simplify the system and make payments as quickly as possible, but at least one means of payment - debit cards - was perceived with suspicion by the recipients of alerts. Writes about it NYDailyNews.
Approximately 4 million Americans, according to the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS), already have or will receive their money in the form of a Visa debit card that arrives in the mail. However, the delivery method of these cards has all the signs of fraud.
As noted by the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, the card will be received in a regular envelope from the Money Network cardholder’s Service along with activation instructions. All this does not inspire recipients with confidence that this is a real letter from the IRS.
“We get a lot of calls from residents. They are confused about the cards received, ”commented the representative of the Iowa Attorney General. “Many people think this is a scam.”
On the subject: $ 2400 per month extra: federal aid that many are unaware of
Due to the suspicion of fraud, many simply threw out the cards they received, prompting the government to refuse to pay for the new card. At the moment, the cost of a new card is $ 7,50 or $ 17 if the recipient wants its issuance to be expedited.
“I'm disappointed at the lack of information from the US Department of the Treasury when they started sending these debit cards to millions of Americans,” said Abby Finkenauer.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Coronavirus Federal Payments will not be taxed.
- If the government does not have your direct bank account number, some will wait for mailed checks by September.
- According to the adopted package of financial assistance, there are categories of people who, despite the matching income level, will not receive assistance. Their list is here.
- The topic of government support is actively used by scammers. The schemes used by them and ways to protect themselves from them - link.
- April 15th IRS launches online tool, which will help you enter information about your account, track the payment and receive money as soon as possible. For details on how to use it, read here.
- After the start of payments, many reported that when checking the status of payment online, they found that the money was sent to wrong accounts, including dead.
- Most Americans will receive federal government aid payments for coronavirus automatically, but there are several reasons payment may be delayed.
- Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Foundation sued the federal government due to denial of coronavirus assistance to US citizens married to immigrants without social security numbers.
- Americans along with a federal aid check from the government receive by mail and letter from US President Donald Trump. It begins with the greeting “My brother is American ...” Because of what not everyone liked this idea - read in our material.
- Why are you still did not receive financial assistance due to coronavirus: 9 probable reasons.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 172 [name] => financial assistance [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => finansovaya-pomoshh)financial aid
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.