The article has been automatically translated into English by Google Translate from Russian and has not been edited.
Переклад цього матеріалу українською мовою з російської було автоматично здійснено сервісом Google Translate, без подальшого редагування тексту.
Bu məqalə Google Translate servisi vasitəsi ilə avtomatik olaraq rus dilindən azərbaycan dilinə tərcümə olunmuşdur. Bundan sonra mətn redaktə edilməmişdir.

Under what circumstances can you lose the right to receive US citizenship

Фото: Depositphotos

The United States of America is a country of law-abiding citizens.

If you, as a permanent resident of the United States, committed a crime or were convicted of a crime in the United States of America, you may have serious problems. You may be expelled from the country, you may be prohibited from returning to the United States of America, if you left the country, you may lose your permanent resident status, and under certain circumstances you may lose the right to receive US citizenship.

The following actions may have serious consequences for you as a permanent resident:

  1. Cheating in order to obtain immigration benefits for yourself or another person;
  2. False statement that you are a US citizen;
  3. Voting in federal or local elections to which only US citizens are allowed;
  4. Addiction to intoxicants or being drunk or using illegal drugs on a permanent basis;
  5. Simultaneous marriage with more than one person;
  6. Refusal to maintain a family or failure to execute a court decision on the payment of alimony for a child or spouse (s);
  7. Arrest for domestic violence (domestic violence, when someone causes physical harm or insults a family member, as well as a violation of a protective order);
  8. Lies or the provision of false documents in order to obtain government benefits or deception of any government departments;
  9. Failure to file tax returns to the tax authorities in accordance with applicable requirements;
  10. Deliberate refusal to register with the Call Service if you are a male of age from 18 to 26;
  11. Assisting other people who are not native or US citizens in illegally entering the territory of the United States of America, even if such person is a close relative or even if you do not get paid for it.

If you have committed a crime or were convicted of a crime, before you apply for the next immigration benefit, you should consult with a knowledgeable immigration lawyer or a legal services organization for immigrants in your place of residence.

Previously ForumDaily wrote about where search free or low-cost legal assistance to immigrants.


Read also on ForumDaily:

How to pass a test for US citizenship

Life in New York after winning a green card: why everything is good and why we want to leave

How I became a citizen of America: the process of naturalization from A to Z

Immigration to the USA: five stories of people who won the green card

Nine types of people who shouldn't go to the USA

Will Trump close America for visitors: what scares Russian-speaking migration reform

Athos, Porthos and Atheist: three stories of the New York homeless from the former USSR

4 reasons why you may be deprived of green cards

Abandoning the American Dream: the story of those who returned to their homeland

How to change the immigration status, being in America

US citizenship Educational program naturalization
Subscribe to ForumDaily on Google News

Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information. 

1163 requests in 2,502 seconds.