Putin and Trump made a joint statement on the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh
Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Emmanuel Macron and US President Donald Trump issued a joint statement. They called on the parties to the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh to stop hostilities. This is stated on the site The Kremlin.
As noted in the official statement, the leaders representing the OSCE Minsk Group co-chair countries "condemn in the strongest possible terms the escalation of violence taking place on the contact line in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone."
Putin, Macron and Trump expressed their condolences to the families of those killed and injured during the conflict.
“We call for an immediate cessation of hostilities between the armed forces of the parties involved,” the statement said.
The leaders of the three countries urge the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan to "immediately undertake obligations in good faith and without putting forward preconditions to resume negotiations on the essence of the settlement with the assistance of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs."
Aggravation in Nagorno-Karabakh
Clashes in Nagorno-Karabakh escalated at the end of last week... Baku and Yerevan accuse each other of the start of hostilities. Martial law and general mobilization were introduced in Armenia. Men between the ages of 18 and 55 were banned from leaving the country. A curfew was announced in Azerbaijan and a partial mobilization was carried out.
On the first day of the conflict, September 27, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry announced that Armenia had fired at settlements in the direction of Tertar, Jabrail and Fizuli, and the Azerbaijani army had launched a full-scale counteroffensive to protect the civilian population.
Armenia claims the opposite: Azerbaijan was the first to attack. Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said that at 8:00 am local time, Azerbaijan launched air and missile attacks.
After the clashes broke out, both countries declared martial law. Armenia reported the death of two civilians, Azerbaijan - the death of a family of five and the injury of 19 citizens. In addition, the Armenian military reported the loss of 16 soldiers and the injury of about a hundred more people. Azerbaijan has not officially announced the deaths, Armenia reports the deaths of 200 Azerbaijani soldiers.
On the second day, no major changes occurred on the confrontation line, judging by the scant reports from both sides, but late in the evening local time, the press secretary of the Armenian Defense Ministry Artsrun Hovhannisyan announced a large enemy offensive in two directions.
Both sides report battles, large enemy losses, destroyed military equipment, captured, retained or recaptured heights, but the belligerents almost always underestimate their losses and exaggerate successes, and there is no independent information from the battle zone.
The Armenian side, however, publishes the list of the victims: on Monday there were 59 names.
On September 29, on the third day of the confrontation, Turkish officials said that peace negotiations had lost their meaning and it was time to resolve the Karabakh problem. The Turkish Defense Ministry has posted a picture of Turkish and Azerbaijani soldiers flying the flags of both countries with the title picture on their official Twitter.
Armenia announced a strike on its territory and direct participation in the war of Turkish aircraft, but has not yet provided evidence, notes Air force.
Turkish officials, in particular President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, since the beginning of hostilities on the morning of September 27, have firmly declared their full support for Azerbaijan and their readiness to help it by all means.
Warring parties' reports of the situation at the front remain extremely scarce and unverifiable.
On September 30, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev made a response statement: hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh will stop if the Armenian troops completely withdraw from the region, writes "Ukrainian Truth".
“Armenia must put an end to its occupation policy. Instead, the Prime Minister of Armenia puts forward conditions for us. He gave us seven conditions. I have said before that we reject these conditions. We have one condition: they must get away from our lands unconditionally, completely and immediately, ”Aliyev said while visiting the wounded soldiers in the hospital.
Ilham Aliyev believes that Azerbaijan has the right to "resolve the issue by military means, if the situation is not resolved through negotiations."
“I declare once again that Armenia must immediately leave our lands ... My word is unanimous both in the international arena and within the country, that we are on the right path, the battles are taking place on Azerbaijani soil, Azerbaijan is restoring its territorial integrity, and we have every right to do so. ", - he said.
The conflict began in 1988, when the Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region announced its withdrawal from Soviet Azerbaijan. After the armed confrontation in 1992-1994, Baku lost control over the region, as well as seven adjacent regions. Since 1992, negotiations have been underway on a peaceful settlement of the conflict within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group, headed by three co-chairs - Russia, the United States and France.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12335 [name] => Nagorno-Karabakh [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => nagornyj-karabax)Nagorno-Karabakh
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27233 [name] => World [taxonomy] => category [slug] => mir)World
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.