The US Embassy warns Americans of the growing threat in Ukraine from Russia
US Embassy in Ukraine warns its citizens that the situation on the border of Ukraine with Russia, in the Donbass and in Crimea can change rapidly. Therefore, they ask the Americans in Ukraine to be on the alert, as the situation may change unexpectedly without notification.
“The United States Embassy in Ukraine continues to monitor the situation with Russia in occupied Crimea and along the borders of Ukraine, where security conditions may change with little or no notice. "The fourth level - do not travel" remains in force for Crimea due to abuses by the Russian occupation authorities, as well as for the eastern parts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions due to the armed conflict, "the website of the Embassy says.
Steps to take if you are concerned about your safety:
- Visit the embassy's website to view the latest safety and security warnings for US citizens;
- regularly follow local and international news and social media news channels;
- enroll in the Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Registering with STEP gives you the latest security updates and makes it easier for the U.S. Embassy to contact you in an emergency. If you do not have Internet access, make an appointment directly with the nearest US embassy or consulate;
- Check the Department of State's website regularly for the latest travel advice. For more information, see the Traveler Checklist on the Department of State website.
The U.S. Embassy in Kiev is located at Sikorsky Street, Kiev, Ukraine. The department works from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00. Regular services are available by appointment only. Adults can now renew their passports by mail.
Where to go for help
U.S. Embassy Kiev, Ukraine
- Tel. (380-44) 521-5566
- Out of hours (380-44) 521-5000
Department of State - Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 или 202-501-4444
- Country information Ukraine
- Register for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive notifications.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 80 [name] => USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ssha)USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 377 [name] => Ukraine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ukraina)Ukraine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1572 [name] => embassy [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => posolstvo)embassy
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13334 [name] => In the homeland [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-rodini)At home
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.