Why you still have not received financial assistance in connection with coronavirus: 9 probable reasons
Are you eligible for payment of the Coronavirus Pandemic but still waiting for a check from the IRS? CNET gives several probable reasons why there is still no money.
If you are eligible for help with coronavirus, but it still hasn’t arrived, you will probably want to know the reason for the delay in payment. You must receive the money in the form of a direct transfer to a bank account (if you transferred it to the IRS before the deadline of May 13 or it was in your tax documents earlier), or by mail (you will receive a paper check or debit card).
Financial assistance was approved by the federal government as part of a package designed to offset the economic impact of the pandemic. The IRS said it had already sent over 150 million checks. The bill on the second round of money transfers is also at the negotiation stage, but so far no decision has been made.
The payout process does not always go smoothly: money came to the wrong accounts and even to the deadIn addition, ForumDaily wrote more about 6 possible reasonsfor which there is still no check. If you checked the tool IRS Get My Payment and didn’t find the answers to their questions, this is what else may cause a delay.
1. You will not receive a payment if you do not have a right to it
You are entitled to receive payment if you:
- An unmarried US resident with an adjusted gross income of less than $ 99;
- file your return as head of household and earn less than $ 146;
- submit the declaration together with your spouse, you have no children and you earn less than $ 198;
- You are a parent of a child under 16 years old.
2. Your payment is scheduled for a later date.
Although the IRS has already sent 152 million payments, they still have a lot to do. In April, according to IRS estimates, it could take up to 20 weeks to send all payments, and first of all checks are sent to people with the lowest incomes. Depending on your adjusted gross income, it may take from several weeks to several months of waiting.
3. Your payment is about to be mailed
The IRS has developed a special website with the help of which everyone who had the right to receive money could inform the service of their bank account number. But this option was available until May 13. The advantage of direct transfer is that you will receive money faster than by check by mail. Anyone who does not have time to provide their banking information, the IRS will send paper checks and debit cards. Their dispatch will last from late May to late June.
4. The IRS started preparing your paper check before you sent the account information
If the IRS was already preparing to mail your paper check by mail when you provided banking information on the Internet, you will still receive the check by mail. But in this case, we have good news for you - the check should come in the next couple of weeks.
5. Your bank data that is in the IRS is out of date
The IRS said that they use the banking information from your tax return in 2018 or 2019 to send the payment. However, some tax authorities create temporary accounts for their clients. If you submitted exactly this data in your declarations, the payment will be refunded and processed again.
If for any reason your banking information provided to the IRS is invalid, the agency will send you a check by mail. The IRS recommends checking the tool Get my payment for updates.
6. Your bank has problems processing direct transfers
If your bank was unable to process the electronic money transfer from the IRS, the payment has been refunded and the IRS will now send you a check to the latest address given, taken either from the tax return of 2019 or 2018, or from the data of the postal service.
7. You have overdue child support payments
If you are late in child support payments, your payment in connection with the coronavirus may be reduced or fully withheld. If this happens, the Fiscal Bureau will send you a notification.
8. The declared dependent is not entitled to payment
Both parents who are not married to each other and do not file a joint tax return cannot simultaneously claim payment for a dependent child. A parent who has declared a child in the 2019 declaration may receive a payment. In addition, dependent students are not eligible for payment.
9. If you do not submit a declaration, you still need to fill out a form
If you are eligible for a payment, but due to low income, you did not need to file a tax return for 2018 or 2019, you may need to use the IRS (nonfilers tool) to provide the agency with your information. If you think it concerns you, go to the IRS website, check the requirements, and then provide some basic information to verify your payment.
If you have potential payout problems, the IRS has hired 3500 telephone consultants to solve common problems. However, they will not be able to help with specific problems for your financial assistance, but will provide only general information.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Coronavirus Federal Payments will not be taxed.
- If the government does not have your direct bank account number, some will wait for mailed checks by September.
- According to the adopted package of financial assistance, there are categories of people who, despite the matching income level, will not receive assistance. Their list is here.
- The topic of government support is actively used by scammers. The schemes used by them and ways to protect themselves from them - link.
- April 15th IRS launches online tool, which will help you enter information about your account, track the payment and receive money as soon as possible. For details on how to use it, read here.
- After the start of payments, many reported that when checking the status of payment online, they found that the money was sent to Incorrect accounts, including dead.
- Most Americans will receive federal government aid payments for coronavirus automatically, but there are several reasons payment may be delayed.
- Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Foundation sued the federal government due to denial of coronavirus assistance to US citizens married to immigrants without social security numbers.
- Americans along with a federal aid check from the government receive by mail and letter from US President Donald Trump. It begins with the greeting "My brother is American ...". Why not everyone liked this idea - read in our material.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 172 [name] => financial assistance [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => finansovaya-pomoshh)financial aid
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => Coronavirus 2019-nCoV [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.