Why the AR-15 rifle is the most popular weapon in mass shootings in the United States
Concert in Las Vegas. Orlando nightclub. Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Now a high school in Parkland, Florida. All these tragedies have one thing in common - America's most popular weapon - the AR-15 rifle.
AR-15 rifles are increasingly becoming the main weapon of mass execution in the United States, including school shooting in Florida, which has become the bloodiest in the number of victims since 2012.
The National Rifle Association (NRA) called the AR-15 "the most popular rifle in America," and believes that more than 8 of millions of Americans own this brand of weapon.
The NRA stated that "the AR-15 has become very popular" due to its "customization, adaptability, reliability and accuracy." This weapon is also versatile and can be used for "sporting shooting, hunting and self-defense," the NRA said, adding the ability to "personalize" multiple rifle components "is one of the things that makes it so unique."
The brady campaign to prevent gun violence, also stated that the AR-15, the civilian model of the military M-16, has become popular due to its versatility.
“They are accurate and they fire as fast as you pull the trigger,” the campaign said in a statement.
But Dean Hazen, the owner The gun experiments to Mahomet, Illinois, and a firearm master instructor, said the reason why the shooters use AR-15 in mass executions is due to the mentality "copy-catMore than any other feature of the rifle.
Hazen said the gunners usually know little about weapons and choose the AR-15 because of the reputation the rifle gained in other mass shootings.
"Thank God they don't know any better, because if they knew it, they would have used a much more effective weapon," Hazen said.
Here is a list of mass executions in the USA over the past 35 years using an AR-15 rifle:
- 24 February 1984 of the Year: 28 year old Tyrone Mitchell used the AR-15, shotgun Stoeger 12 caliber and shotgun Winchester 12 caliber to kill two and injure 12 people in 49th Street Elementary School in Los Angeles, after which he shot himself.
- 7 October 2007 of the year. 20-year-old Tyler Peterson used AR-15, killing six and wounding one person in an apartment in Crandon, Wisconsin, and then shot himself.
- 20 June 2012 of the Year: 24-year-old James Egan Holmes used a rifle Smith and Wesson AR-15 С-15 caliber with 100 round magazine, shotgun Remington with 12 gauges and two semi-automatic pistols Glock 40 caliber killing 12 and injuring 58 people in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado.
- 14 December 2012 of the Year: 20-year-old Adam Lanza used an AR-15 rifle in style Bushmaster 223 caliber, killing 27 people, including his mother, 20 students and six teachers, in Newtown, Connecticut, before shooting himself.
- 7 June 2013 of the Year: 23-year-old John Zawahri used an AR-15 rifle and revolver Remington 0,44 caliber, killing five people and wounding three in a house in Santa Monica, California, after which he shot himself.
- 19 March 2015 of the Year: 24-year-old Justin Fowler used AR-15, killing one person and wounding two on a street in Little Water, New York, after which he shot himself.
- 31 May 2015 of the Year: 36-year-old Jeffrey Scott Pitts used an 0,45 caliber pistol and AR-15, killing two and wounding two in a store in Conyers, Georgia, after which he shot himself.
- October 31 2015 of the Year: 33-year-old Noah Jacob Harfam used the AR-15, a 0,357 caliber revolver and a semi-automatic 9 mm pistol to kill three people in a street in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and then shot himself.
- 2 December 2015 of the year: Said Farouk and Tashifa Malik, 28 and 27 years, used two rifles Remington 223 caliber, AR-15 and two 9 mm pistols, killing a 14 man and injuring a 21 man in San Bernardino, California, then shooting themselves.
- 12 June 2016 of the Year: 29-year-old Omar Mateen used an AR-15 rifle (Sig Sauer MCX) and 9 millimeter semi-automatic pistol Glockby killing a 49 man and injuring 50 visitors to a nightclub in Orlando, after which he shot himself.
- October 1 2017 of the Year: 64-year-old Stephen Paddock used an arsenal of weapons, including AR-15, by shooting a 58 man and injuring hundreds at a music festival in Las Vegas, after which he shot himself.
- November 5 2017 of the year. 26-year-old Devin Kelly used a gun Ruger in AR-15 style, killing 26 people in a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.
- 14 February 2018 of the year. Police say 19-year-old Nicholas Cruz used an AR-15 rifle, killingat least 17 people in Stoneman douglas high school in Parkland, Broward County, Florida.
Recall that in February 14 High School in Parkland, Florida, shooting occurredwhich killed 17 people and injured 15. Some families still can not exit to communicate with their loved ones as well appeared information about those who died. Neighbors, relatives and family friends told how Nicholas was, and why the whole street knew about him.
All news about school shooting read here.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 2802 [name] => rifle [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => vintovka)rifle
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 26004 [name] => shooting in Florida [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => strelba-vo-floride)shooting in florida
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 26005 [name] => AR-15 [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ar-15)AR-15
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 26006 [name] => school shooting in Florida [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => strelba-v-shkole-vo-floride)school shooting in florida
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.