DV-2022 green card lottery results published: where to check and what to do next
Already today, May 8, from 12:00, you can check the status of the application for drawing green cards in the lottery for 2022 (DV-2022). The information will be available until September 30, 2022.
You can check your status only on the official website www.dvprogram.state.gov (it was previously called www.dvlottery.state.gov - both addresses are correct). On the site, you will need to enter the lottery participant number, indicate the name, surname and year of birth of the applicant. If on the opened page you see a letter with a barcode and your data, you won.
However, before receiving the coveted green card, you need to go through several more stages as quickly as possible, about which we wrote earlier.
This is the only way to learn about the results of the lottery. The State Department will not send any electronic or regular letters. The only email you can receive from the US Department of State is a reminder to check your status after the lottery draw. And the more official institution never asks to make money transfers. Be especially careful in this if you applied through an intermediary.
It is worth remembering that winning the lottery does not guarantee receiving a green card. To immigrate to the USA, you must meet all the requirements that are presented applicants for immigration visas.
If you are already in the United States at the time you receive a notification about winning a green card, you have the opportunity change your status in the US to immigration. Read more about this at the official website of the program.
The green card is a certificate of a permanent resident of the United States who does not have the citizenship of this state. It, among other things, gives the right to work, benefits to education and the opportunity to apply for citizenship.
Also, before 30 September 2021, you can check the results of the lottery green cards for the year 2021 (DV-2021). After this date, persons who won the lottery will no longer be able to submit a corresponding application for a green card.
What to do after receiving notification of a win
- Fill inthe visa application form
The site Consular Electronic Application Center you need to fill immigration visa application form - form DS-260. It is filled in English. In the questionnaire you need to specify personal data, marital status, provide information about the place of work, study, criminal record.
If your family composition has changed since the moment of registration for participation in the lottery (you got married, gave birth to a child), then the new family members must be indicated in your DS-260 form, otherwise you may be disqualified.
For each family member - a separate form DS-260. This is an important nuance, and if you fill out one form for the whole family, then you will automatically be dropped from the list of winners.
When the DS-260 form is completed, the confirmation page must be saved on the computer and then printed. She, among other documents, must be taken with him for an interview. The date of the interview will be sent to you by e-mail after you fill out the form DS-260.
First you will receive a letter with the following text: Has been received and routed to the appropriate group... This is a standard letter which means that your visa application has been received. And in 7-10 days another letter, addressed to you personally, will be sent to your e-mail.
Here are options for what can be written in it:
- Your forms have been processed... If you received such a message, it means that your questionnaires are being processed, which can take up to 4 months.
- It will not affect the processing of your case. This text suggests that, when filling out the questionnaire, you did not indicate the number of your case, but at the same time your questionnaire was still accepted for processing.
- KCC to begin the processing of your case. Here we are talking about the fact that Kentucky Consular Center waiting for your questionnaires, but not yet received them.
- The information... You are informed that you have provided information in your request that is different from what you gave when you filled out the application for participation in the lottery.
- The DS 230 Part 1 You submitted for the principal was incomplete. This text says that there are inaccuracies found in your questionnaires that need to be corrected.
- It received a copy of the amount of mail processed at a time. or It is acceptable for your visa processing. If you received a letter in which one of these phrases occurs, it means that your questionnaires have already been received, processed and within a few weeks they will name the date of the interview.
- Your case number is now current for interview processing. This message comes to those who find out the date of the interview in a few days.
- Has been scheduled at ... In the letter with such text you will see the date of the interview itself.
If you want to go to the Kentucky Consular Center yourself (Kentucky Consular Center), where all the questionnaires are processed, and find out at what stage your case is now, you can send a request to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 1-606-526-7500 from 7: 30 to 16: 00. At the beginning of the conversation you need to immediately call the case number (Case number), the country in which the questionnaire was filled in, the name, surname and date of birth of the winner of the lottery.
- Collect documents
Bye-bye Kentucky Consular Center examines your questionnaires and appoints the date of the interview, do not waste your time. Collect and translate the documents you need into English. All materials that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation. No notarization or apostille is required.
You need to prepare originals and translations of the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Diplomas confirming education
- Employment history
- Certificate that you have no criminal record. If you lived in several countries, then such help is needed from each country. If you have been convicted, you can still apply for a green card, but be sure to provide a certificate stating that you have already been punished.
- Marriage / divorce certificates
- For those who served in the army - military ID
- Statement of account
- Documents on the valuation of real estate
- Help with the work that you are an employee / owner of the company.
Get a medical check-up
When you have been told the date of the interview, it's time to get a medical examination. This can be done only in special certified centers, the addresses of which can be found at Online... The cost of this procedure is on average $ 215 from each family member planning to immigrate (in different countries the price may differ by $ 10-15), and vaccination is paid separately. There is a list of mandatory vaccinations that an immigrant must have (the list may vary slightly depending on the age of the applicant):
- Mumps, measles, rubella
- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoid
- Haemophilius influenza type B
- Hepatitis B
- Pneumococcal pneumonia
- Hepatitis A
If you have already had some or all of your vaccinations, take your vaccination report back to your doctor. A certified translation will be required for the report if it is not already in English. If you have not been vaccinated, your doctor will prescribe them. Depending on the type of vaccination, an additional visit may be required. On the recommendation of a doctor, he or she can provide specific waivers for vaccinations.
So far, the US government does not require vaccination against COVID-19 as part of the immigration process. However, U.S. government agencies are likely to deny you entry if:
- You have any symptoms of COVID-19, including a recent cough, fever, shortness of breath, changes in smell or taste, or fatigue (the list is not exhaustive).
- In the past 14 days, you have been in close contact with someone known or suspected of having COVID-19.
- Have been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine from a healthcare provider, public health authority, or government agency within the past 14 days.
- We passed the COVID-19 test and are still waiting for the results.
Passing a medical commission is needed to determine if you or someone from a family member has any diseases from the list that restricts entry to the United States. It includes, in particular, diseases of a mental nature, the active form of tuberculosis, leprosy, and others. Before 2010, HIV was included in the list, but now this virus does not interfere with obtaining a visa.
How is the immigration medical examination and what you need to take with you, you can read here.
After passing medical examination, you will receive a sealed envelope that must be handed to the consul during the interview without opening it.
Pass the interview
The medical board is behind, the envelope for the consul is in his arms, the date of the interview has been set. For the interview, you will need originals and translations into English of all documents, the results of the medical examination and the invitation to the interview itself. On the spot, at the embassy, you need to pay a visa fee - $ 330 for each family member. But this is not a guarantee that the coveted visa to the United States is in your hands. An interview is no less important than the preparation of documents or a medical examination. However, no special training is required. You will be asked everyday routine questions.
The main goals of the interview are to make sure that the people who came for the interview applied, as well as to take fingerprints and check them with the database, see the results of the medical examination and check the availability of all documents.
If you are interviewed, you will be granted a six-month visa. It is within 6 months that all family members, or only the main applicant, will need to enter the United States, otherwise the visa will be canceled. After passing the interview, you will be given a sealed envelope, which must be given to the officer at the airport (also not unopened).
Important point: if the main applicant is unable to travel to the United States, then the family cannot enter the country without him.
Winning is just the beginning
Every year, the US government allocates 55 thousand immigrant visas, which are raffled off in the green card lottery. There are always many more applicants - each year, an average of up to 9 million applicants participate in the drawing. Although there are only 55 thousand visas, more people always receive notifications of their winnings.
The reason is that not everyone brings what they started to the end: someone is not ready to bear the costs associated with obtaining visas, someone does not pass a medical examination or an interview, some applicants are refused due to incorrectly prepared documents. Therefore, the news that you have won the green card is not yet a reason to celebrate. This is just a signal for the start of a marathon lasting about a year.
Everyone who came to the USA should make several basic documents: bank cards, social security number and American ID.
The green card holder should definitely know his rights and obligations: read in our material.
The owner of the green card, along with the opportunity to constantly live and work in the United States, gets the right to reunite with his family. If he has children, spouse or spouse left at home, he may pick them up to america.
Remember: both having a visa and owning a green card do not guarantee that you will not be expelled from the United States. Exists legal basis for deportation from the United States of the green card holder.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 4554 [name] => green card [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => green-card)green card
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 4565 [name] => lottery [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => lotereya)lottery
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 22808 [name] => green card [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => grin-karty)green cards
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27367 [name] => US immigration [taxonomy] => category [slug] => immigraciya-v-ssha)Immigration in the USA
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.