New scandal over Ukraine: in the United States brought a case against Trump's personal lawyer
Prosecutors are investigating the interest of President Donald Trump's personal lawyer and his plans to build the US gas pipeline in Ukraine.
The Wall Street Journal reports that federal prosecutors in New York have launched an investigation into Donald Trump's lawyer Rudi Giuliani, as well as his relationship with the plans for the Ukrainian energy project. The investigation began after witnesses began to disclose alleged abuse of power by the president during open hearings in the case of impeachment. They question the question of whether Trump put pressure on the president of Ukraine to investigate the Joe Biden case.
According to the Bloomberg, prosecutors are exploring the possibility of financial irregularities by Giuliani and the justification for the lack of his registration as a foreign agent.
The NY Times had previously reported that federal prosecutors were investigating whether Giuliani had violated lobbying laws in his relations with the White House and Ukraine.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Giuliani's assistants Igor Fruman and Leo Parnas presented Ukrainian officials have plans to lay a pipeline from Poland to Ukraine, which will transport US natural gas, a project that has received White House support.
It is reported that Giuliani's assistants told officials in Ukraine that he would become a project partner.
Fruman and Parnassus were arrested in October by federal agents. They were accused of planning to send foreign money to American politicians to influence business between the two countries. They pleaded not guilty.
The US Department of Justice reportedly launched an investigation into Giuliani after prosecutors launched an investigation into his assistants.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Giuliani denied any involvement with his partners' plans for Global Energy Producers and their pipeline plans.
He said: "I have no personal interest in doing business in Ukraine, including this one."
In a Congressional investigation into President Trump’s impeachment and open hearings this week, several witnesses indicated that Giuliani was trying to pressure Ukraine to investigate the president’s political rivals in exchange for military assistance and a meeting with Trump.
Giuliani, the former mayor of New York, was accused of leading the “shadow” efforts in the White House, in particular the “libel campaign,” because of which Marie Yovanovitch, ambassador to Ukraine, was recalled.
Giuliani urged officials to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, who served on the board of directors of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma.
An impeachment investigation revealed that Jovanovic probably hindered Giuliani's attempts to dig up incriminating evidence against Biden, which led to a sudden cessation of work at the embassy in Ukraine.
She told Congress that the State Department had “knocked her down” and sent a request to the White House for her speedy departure from Ukraine.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- On September 20, the congressmen became interested in a telephone conversation between President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky and US President Donald Trump as part of an investigation into whether Trump and his lawyer Rudolf Giuliani tried put pressure on Ukraine in order to help Trump's election campaign in 2020 year.
- 24 September Democrats announced the start of an official request for US impeachment, which was triggered by a conversation between Ukrainian and American leaders.
- 25 September US State Department published conversation transcript President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky and President of the United States Donald Trump.
- On September 26, an anonymous informant stated in his complaint that in the USA tried to hide the content of the conversation trump and Zelensky.
- 28 September Special Representative of the US State Department for Ukraine Kurt Walker resigned.
- 3 October стало известноthat the level of approval of US President Donald Trump has risen to 49 percent - this is the highest figure in 2019 year.
- 7 October US President demanded “immediate impeachment”House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. The head of the White House accused her of "serious crimes and misconduct, and possibly of high treason."
- 9 October in the White House officially announced refusal to cooperate with the investigation on the possibility of declaring impeachment to US President Donald Trump, which is held by Democrats in the House of Representatives. The presidential administration considers these accusations to be "baseless" and "unconstitutional."
- 31 October US House of Representatives approved the resolutionaccording to which the investigation into the possibility of impeachment to US President Donald Trump goes to the public stage.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 26156 [name] => Trump’s lawyer [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => advokat-trampa)Trump's lawyer
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28172 [name] => open hearings [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => otkrytye-slushaniya)open hearings
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28173 [name] => trump impeachment [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => impichment-trampa)impeachment trump
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28188 [name] => julianni [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => julianni)giulianni
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.