'Attempted coup': Trump wrote letter to Congress ahead of impeachment vote
On the eve of the House of Representatives vote on the resolution on the impeachment of the US President, scheduled for December 18, Donald Trump sent a sharp writing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Writes about it "Present Tense".
In the letter, Trump accused the leadership of the Democratic Party of waging an "open war against American democracy," stressing that a coup attempt was being made against it.
“Everyone, including you, knows what's going on,” the president wrote. - The candidate you have chosen was defeated in the elections in 2016. Your party was unable to survive the defeat. Therefore, for the last three years you have been trying to cancel the voting results ”.
The actions of the Democrats seeking to remove him from power, Trump called "an illegal attempt ... a coup d'etat." The organizers of the impeachment, according to the president, will be defeated on election day.
Trump emphasizes that the articles put forward against him by the legal committee do not comply with any standards of theory and interpretation of the Constitution and jurisprudence.
The president said his opponents are using the impeachment process to divert American attention from his achievements, including sustained economic growth and record low unemployment. “The court of history will be merciless for you,” he warns the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Trump sent a letter to Nancy Pelosi a few minutes before she announced that the House of Representatives would vote on December 18 under two articles of impeachment, which contain allegations of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
In her letter to colleagues in the House of Representatives, she wrote about the need to "fulfill the oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from all enemies, internal and external." Pelosi called the president's letter "ludicrous."
On December 18, the House of Representatives will vote on both items nominated by the US president.
If impeachment is approved by the House of Representatives, the case will be transferred to the Senate, which will consider the charges against the president and decide whether he deserves removal from power.
Observers predict that supporters of impeachment will not be able to get in the Senate two-thirds of the votes of senators needed to deprive the president of power.
The impeachment case began when an informant in the U.S. intelligence services in mid-2019 told his leadership that, in his opinion, Trump was abusing the president’s power. Now the Democrats suggest that Trump, with the help of his team, pressed the Ukrainian government for personal political gain.
Republicans support the president and call the impeachment process a farce, a spectacle, a witch hunt. Many of them believe that in 2016 the Ukrainian government worked against Trump, and today this corrupt country and some officials are "trying to get hold of Trump."
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Congressmen became interested in a telephone conversation between Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky and US President Donald Trump in late July as part of an investigation into whether Trump and his lawyer Rudolf Giuliani tried put pressure on Ukraine in order to help Trump's election campaign in 2020 year.
- Democrats announce formal request for US impeachment, which was triggered by a conversation between Ukrainian and American leaders.
- US Department of State published conversation transcript President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky and President of the United States Donald Trump.
- 9 October in the White House officially announced refusal to cooperate with the investigation on the possibility of declaring impeachment to US President Donald Trump, which is held by Democrats in the House of Representatives. The presidential administration considers these accusations to be "baseless" and "unconstitutional."
- 31 October US House of Representatives approved the resolutionaccording to which the investigation into the possibility of impeachment to US President Donald Trump goes to the public stage.
- 13 November US House of Representatives launched an open hearing as part of an investigation into impeachment against President Donald Trump. 10 TV channels broadcast the meeting, 13,8 million Americans watched this broadcast.
- Spotlight on second hearing there were testimonies Marie Jovanovic, former US ambassador to Ukraine. Jovanovic was sent resigned as head of the US diplomatic mission in Kiev in May. Democrats claim that Jovanovic became a victim campaign organized by Rudi Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer.
- 19 November at the House Intelligence Committee have spoken Jennifer Williams, Alexander Windman, Kurt Walker and Tim Morrison.
- 3 December impeachment report accusing President Donald Trump of abuse of power promulgated U.S. House Intelligence Committee.
- 7 December impeachment report опубликовал House Judicial Committee responsible for formulating specific charges.
- Xnumx december democrats unveiled two articles on impeachment are abuse of power and obstruction to Congress.
- Over the centuries-old history of the country, not a single US president has been removed from office by impeachment. Although the real threat of impeachment still forced one president to voluntarily resign. And this case concerned the confrontation between electoral candidates in the USA. Another president, whom they tried to impeach, bought Alaska from Russia. Read about the American impeachment story in our material.
- On December 16, the Legal Committee of the House of Representatives of the US Congress released a report in which recommended the U.S. House of Representatives to impeach U.S. President Donald Trump, and the Senate to remove him from office.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 376 [name] => Donald Trump [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => donald-tramp)Donald Trump
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1133 [name] => letter [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pismo)writing
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10951 [name] => impeachment [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => impichment)impeachment
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
Thank you for staying with us and trusting! Over the past 5 years, we have received a lot of grateful feedback from readers, whom our materials have helped to arrange life after moving to the United States. We have big plans, we do not want to stop or slow down the pace of work. Even now…
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected our income, and in order to stay afloat, we have to ask YOU for support. We will be grateful for any amount and will make every effort to continue to publish news and a lot of useful information just as quickly.
Thank you for being with us!
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.