Until 2021: US government prepares for 18 months of coronavirus crisis
The plan says that “numerous waves” of outbreaks of COVID-19 disease can be observed in the country, which can lead to a widespread shortage of key goods and, possibly, affect the level of medical care for the population.
The outbreak of COVID-19 led to the fact that as of the evening of March 18 in the United States, more than 9300 people fell ill, and more than 130 died.
Under the plan, President Trump is thinking about using the War Production Act and the Korean War Act as a means of ensuring that the nation has the medicines it needs in such a protracted crisis.
The President announced this on Wednesday, March 18, during a briefing at the White House with members of the 2019-nCoV virus task force.
The 1950 Act was periodically used both during the Korean War and during the Cold War. The last time Trump used it in June 2017 was to provide technology for space production.
If the events described in the 2019-nCoV virus contingency plan happen, “state and local governments, as well as critical infrastructure and communications, will be stressed, making them potentially less reliable,” says in terms of.
“This situation may also make it difficult to receive new communications, decrees and directly agree on recommendations for these jurisdictions.”
The plan was not marked as secret, it has the mark “For official use only. Not for public distribution or publication. ”
As reported by ForumDaily:
- A new virus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. In 2020, it covered all continents except Antarctica. On March 11, US President Donald Trump imposed a ban on entry from the EU. The ban came into force on Friday, March 13, and will last at least 30 days. In particular, it will concern people who have visited the Schengen area over the past 14 days.
- March 13 Trump due to coronavirus introduced a nationwide emergency regime in the US.
- On March 11, WHO recognized the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, which covered more than 110 countries. Symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Available here.
- Virologist's tips on how to protect yourself from infection - link.
- Taking advantage of the panic in the society because of the epidemic, fraudsters came up with several schemes to deceive victims of personal data and money. The most common ones can be found here.
- Having succumbed to panic due to a state of emergency, Americans are massively buying toilet paperbut they cannot explain why they need it during the epidemic.
- Read all news about coronavirus in our special project.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5679 [name] => Trump [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => tramp)Tramp
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13523 [name] => disease [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => zabolevanie)disease
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 15327 [name] => flash [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => vspyshka)вспышка
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 15374 [name] => emergency [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => chrezvychajnaya-situatsiya)emergency
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28474 [name] => action plan [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => plan-dejstvij)action plan
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.