Trump has signed a $ 2,2 trillion coronavirus relief bill
US President Donald Trump signed the law (CARES Act) on assistance to victims of coronavirus for $ 2,2 trillion, reports “Voice of America". According to the data at 19:00 ET on March 27, the number of cases of coronavirus infection 2019-nCoV in the United States exceeded 101 thousand people.
Before handing the draft over to the president for signature, his approved by the Senate and approved by the House of Representatives.
The bill was unanimously supported by the senators, despite concerns from both sides that the proposed measures are too large or, conversely, not large enough. Voting was preceded by several days of negotiations amid a nationwide crisis that Washington had not previously encountered.
The 880-page document was the largest economic aid bill in US history.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell looked grim and tired when he announced the vote. He later dismissed senators from Washington before April 20, but promised to convene them again if necessary.
The law provides for the allocation of aid to the US economy in a record amount of $ 2,2 trillion.
On Twitter, Trump wrote: “I just signed up to the CARES Act, the largest economic aid package in American history, twice as large as the largest previously accepted package. The $ 2,2 trillion law will provide emergency assistance to the families, workers and business of our country. ”
The number of cases of coronavirus infection with COVID-19 in the United States exceeded 101 thousand, according to Johns Hopkins University. The United States became the first country where the number of confirmed cases of the disease exceeded the mark of 100 thousand, writes RBC.
The states of New York (more than 37 thousand), New Jersey (6,8 thousand) and California (3,8 thousand) suffered most from the effects of the spread of infection.
More than 1,5 thousand people died from complications caused by the disease in the country. The largest number of deaths was recorded in New York (366). The number of recovered amounted to 862 people.
March 27 USA came out on top in the world by the number of people infected with coronavirus, bypassing China and Italy. President Donald Trump explained this by a well-developed testing system - according to the COVID Tracking Project, they were made by more than 626 thousand.
As reported by ForumDaily:
- A new virus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. In 2020, it covered all continents except Antarctica. On March 11, US President Donald Trump imposed a ban on entering the United States from EU countries. The ban came into force on Friday, March 13, and will last at least 30 days. In particular, it will concern people who have visited the Schengen area over the past 14 days.
- March 13 Trump due to coronavirus introduced a nationwide emergency regime in the US.
- On March 11, WHO recognized the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, which covered more than 110 countries. Symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Available here.
- Virologist's tips on how to protect yourself from infection - link.
- Taking advantage of the panic in the society because of the epidemic, fraudsters came up with several schemes to deceive victims of personal data and money. The most common ones can be found here.
- Having succumbed to panic due to a state of emergency, Americans are massively buying toilet paperbut they cannot explain why they need it during the epidemic.
- Trump has signed into law on paid leave due to coronavirus. Who can count on paid leave, read here.
- All Coronavirus News - at our special project.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellanea
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 994 [name] => law [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => zakon)law
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1085 [name] => help [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => pomoshh)help
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5679 [name] => Trump [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => tramp)Tramp
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.