Senate made final decision on impeachment trump
On Wednesday, February 5, the US Senate held a final vote on the impeachment of the 45th US President Donald Trump.
On February 5, at 16:00 p.m., the US Senate began the final vote on the impeachment of Donald Trump.
Due to the fact that the majority in the Senate is held by the Republican Party that has nominated Trump (53 seats), the opponents of the incumbent president did not have enough (two-thirds - 67) votes to remove the president from his post.
The voices are divided as follows
First charge (abuse of power):
- 52 senators called for Trump's acquittal;
- 48 - for his charge.
Second charge (attempt to obstruct Congress):
- 53 - for Trump's excuse;
- 47 - for his charge.
The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, John Roberts, presided during the vote. The senators, one after the other, declared “guilty” or “innocent,” in their opinion, Donald Trump.
It is noteworthy that Republican Senator Meat Romney supported Trump's impeachment (on the first charge), becoming the first senator in US history to support the accusations against the president, representing his own party.
The impeachment case is based on the allegation that Trump intentionally refused military assistance to Ukraine in order to put pressure on the country to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, who served on the board of directors of Burisma, Ukraine’s largest gas company, while his father was US vice president.
Trump claimed that he acted appropriately.
Officially articles include Donald Trump's accusations abuse of office for their own political gain, as well as obstructing Congress attempts to investigate its actions.
The fact that Trump is likely to be justified and the chances of his removal is minimal, was stated by most news sources and analysts long before the final vote. In addition to the majority of Republicans in the Senate, the fact thatand the centuries-old history of the country no US president has been removed from office impeachment order. Although the real threat of impeachment still forced one president to voluntarily resign.
The impeachment of trump: from the initiative of the democrats to the final vote
- Congressmen became interested in a telephone conversation between Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky and US President Donald Trump in late July as part of an investigation into whether Trump and his lawyer Rudolf Giuliani tried put pressure on Ukraine in order to help Trump's election campaign in 2020 year.
- In September democrats announced the start of a formal request for US impeachment, which was triggered by a conversation between Ukrainian and American leaders.
- Soon after it US Department of State published conversation transcript President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky and President of the United States Donald Trump.
- 9 October in the White House officially announced refusal to cooperate with the impeachment investigation. The presidential administration called the charges “baseless” and “unconstitutional.”
- 31 October US House of Representatives approved the resolutionaccording to which the investigation into the possibility of impeachment to US President Donald Trump goes to the public stage.
- 13 November US House of Representatives launched an open hearing as part of an investigation into impeachment regarding President Donald trump: 10 television channels broadcast the meeting, 13,8 million Americans watched this broadcast.
- Spotlight on second hearing there were testimonies Marie Jovanovic, former US ambassador to Ukraine. Jovanovic was sent resigned as head of the US diplomatic mission in Kiev in May. Democrats claim that Jovanovic became a victim campaign organized by Rudi Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer.
- 19 November at the House Intelligence Committee have spoken Jennifer Williams, Alexander Windman, Kurt Walker and Tim Morrison.
- 3 December impeachment report accusing President Donald Trump of abuse of power promulgated U.S. House Intelligence Committee.
- 7 December impeachment report опубликовал House Judicial Committee responsible for formulating specific charges.
- Xnumx december democrats unveiled two articles on impeachment are abuse of power and obstruction to Congress.
- On December 16, the Legal Committee of the House of Representatives of the US Congress released a report in which recommended the U.S. House of Representatives to impeach U.S. President Donald Trump, and the Senate to remove him from office.
- On the eve of the House of Representatives vote on the resolution on the impeachment of the US president, which was scheduled for December 18, Donald Trump sent a sharp letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- 18 December U.S. House of Representatives impeaches President Donald Trump based on allegations of abuse of office for personal political gain, as well as obstruction of attempts to investigate his actions.
- Trump has become third president in US historyimpeached.
- January 21 in the US Senate full impeachment trial begins US President Donald Trump. The Republicans, who make up the majority of the upper house, did everything possible to expedite the process.
- January 31 US Senate determined the date of the final vote on the issue of impeachment and refused to call witnesses in the case.
- It also became known how much did it cost Americans impeach trump.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 376 [name] => Donald Trump [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => donald-tramp)Donald Trump
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 10951 [name] => impeachment [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => impichment)impeachment
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28173 [name] => trump impeachment [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => impichment-trampa)impeachment trump
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.