Due to quarantine, the Immigration Service has changed the process for submitting forms and documents: what you need to know
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced that since March 21, 2020 due to the ongoing emergency due to COVID-19 announced by President Trump on March 13, 2020, all forms and documents with signatures, including Form I-129, as well as applications non-immigrant work visas are accepted electronically. This was reported on the official website. USCIS.
USCIS is already accepting various petitions, statements and other documents with the original signature in electronic form. This means that the document can be scanned, faxed, photographed or copied in any analog format, provided that the copy was taken from the original document containing the original handwritten signature.
USCIS will also accept forms that require an original wet signature for the duration of an emergency in the country without requiring a wet signature.
This temporary change applies only to the signature. All other instructions for submitting documents should still be followed when filling out the form.
Individuals or legal entities submitting documents with a signature in electronic form must keep copies of the original documents containing a wet signature.
USCIS may request original documents at any time, and if they are not provided, this may adversely affect the decision.
As reported by ForumDaily:
- A new virus was discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019. In 2020, it covered all continents except Antarctica. On March 11, US President Donald Trump imposed a ban on entering the United States from EU countries. The ban came into force on Friday, March 13, and will last at least 30 days. In particular, it will concern people who have visited the Schengen area over the past 14 days.
- March 13 Trump due to coronavirus introduced a nationwide emergency regime in the US.
- On March 11, WHO recognized the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, which covered more than 110 countries. Symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 Disease Available here.
- Virologist's tips on how to protect yourself from infection - link.
- Taking advantage of the panic in the society because of the epidemic, fraudsters came up with several schemes to deceive victims of personal data and money. The most common ones can be found here.
- Having succumbed to panic due to a state of emergency, Americans are massively buying toilet paperbut they cannot explain why they need it during the epidemic.
- Trump has signed into law on paid leave due to coronavirus. Who can count on paid leave, read here.
- Read all news about coronavirus in our special project.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 3187 [name] => immigration [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => immigratsiya)immigration
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 18106 [name] => USCIS [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => uscis)USCIS
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27367 [name] => US immigration [taxonomy] => category [slug] => immigraciya-v-ssha)Immigration in the USA
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => Coronavirus 2019-nCoV [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.