In California, protesters stole more than 70 luxury cars from a car dealership
Police in Northern California track down suspects after rioters kidnap more than 70 VIP cars at a car dealership near San Francisco on Sunday, May 31, in the evening. Writes about it Fox News.
Carlos Hidalgo, owner of the San Leandro Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership, said that although he had blocked the exits as a precaution, the thieves “began ramming the doors and gates until they could enter. They removed the chains and took out parts of the fence. It was a very evil act, ”he said.
“It looks like a war zone,” Hidalgo said of the consequences. - Protests are not a reason for theft. These are just bad people. It's horrible. This is internal terrorism that has brought disaster to the people who work. It is not right".
He said he called the police, but they were too busy to answer the call that night.
The robbers separated from peaceful protesters, first headed to the Nike store across the street from the car dealership. Bursting into the exhibition hall, the thieves gained access to the key box and used key rings to find cars.
Almost all Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcats dealerships worth $ 90 were stolen. Thieves also stole Charger Hellcats, Jeep Wranglers, and pickups.
San Leandro Police Department spokesman Lieutenant Ted Henderson said he did not know if this was a crime committed suddenly or planned.
He said that no one has been arrested yet, but the police are looking for crime videos on social networks and looking for video from surveillance cameras in the area to identify the suspects.
“The events in Minneapolis have reopened old, deep wounds and forced us to confront social injustice that needs to be addressed,” police chief Jeff Tudor wrote. “It all started with peaceful protests, but those who rob and incite violence are detrimental to the efforts of the protesters.”
According to Henderson, 20 to 25 cars were discovered, some were damaged, and others were broken into pieces.
“When we get the cars back, they are no longer on the go,” Hidalgo said.
According to the dealership, the company lost $ 5 million from theft and plans to hire armed guards.
Also on Sunday, May 31st, nearby Walmart, See's Candies, Burlington Coat Factory, Subway and Design Shoe Warehouse were looted.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- The protest was in memory of George Floyd, an African American from Minneapolis who died after a Minneapolis police officer strangled him with a knee. Officer Derek Chauvin was fired and charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter; three other officers also lost their jobs. Protests and riots subsequently eruptedand in Minneapolis and across the country.
- The Minnesota state governor said protests over the death of African-American George Floyd, spanning dozens of US cities, are already not related to murder, but provoked by visiting radicals.
- Protests in Minneapolis sharply intensified in the evening of May 27when city police took action in response to looted and burned shops in the city, as well as fatal shooting at a protest venue.
- May 31 truck drove into a crowd of protesters in Minneapolis (Minnesota). At the wheel of a car was a citizen of the United States, presumably of Ukrainian origin, Bogdan Vechirko. He was arrested, but on June 2 released from custody awaiting further investigation.
- About 40 cities, including Los Angeles, Miami, Detroit, and Philadelphia, banned street demonstrations after dark. Texas and Virginia Governors introduced a state of emergency.
- In connection with protests in US cities embassies of Ukraine and Russia asked their citizenslocated in the United States, maintain order and avoid crowds wherever possible and comply with security measures.
- June 1, Donald Trump enacted the law of 1807, allowing him send riot troops in connection with the death of George Floyd.
- According to the official autopsy of George Floyd, his death was caused by mechanical asphyxia and should be considered violent.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1235 [name] => robbery [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => ograblenie)robbery
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 3376 [name] => cars [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => avtomobili)cars
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27234 [name] => Crime [taxonomy] => category [slug] => kriminal)Криминал
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28606 [name] => protests in the USA [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => protesty-v-ssha)protests in the USA
Read also on ForumDaily:
Let's face the crisis together and support each other
No one in the world expected a coronavirus pandemic, but she came in disrupting the usual rhythm of life and work of billions of people, causing panic and uncertainty about tomorrow.
ForumDaily also faced financial difficulties due to the loss of some advertisers due to the economic downturn and quarantine. But we are not reducing the number of materials and the mode of operation, since we want our readers to receive timely and up-to-date information in this difficult time. In addition, we support Local small businesses in the USA that suffer the most.
But ForumDaily is also a small business. Despite the loss of part of the income, we are doing our best to ensure that you are informed and armed with all the necessary knowledge to counter the pandemic and resolve other important issues during quarantine.
To maintain this rhythm of work, we need your help. We will be grateful for any amount that you are willing to allot to support our team.
Let's face the crisis together!
Security of contributions is guaranteed by the use of the highly secure Stripe system.
Always yours, ForumDaily!
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.