'May die in the coming days': world celebrities turned to Putin because of Navalny
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was transferred from the colony to a hospital for convicts in the city of Vladimir. This was reported by the Russian authorities, writes Air force.
The decision to transfer Navalny was made by a commission of doctors of the Federal Penitentiary Service.
The hospital for convicts in the city of Vladimir specializes in monitoring such patients, the FSIN said.
The state of health of Navalny is called satisfactory, he is examined by a doctor every day, says the prison administration. He was prescribed vitamins.
"The heart can stop"
Alexei Navalny, 44, opposition leader and critic of President Putin was sent to jail in February on an old criminal case he calls politically motivated.
On April 16, Moscow doctors announced the critical condition of Alexei Navalny, who went on a hunger strike on March 31 to protest the fact that independent doctors were not allowed to visit him.
An independent doctor was not allowed to visit him in the colony. The doctors drew the attention of the head of the Federal Penitentiary Service, Alexander Kalashnikov, to the “sharp negative dynamics” of the prisoner's analyzes.
The patient "develops renal failure, which has already led to severe metabolic disorders" and "can lead to severe pathology of the cardiovascular system up to cardiac arrest," they warned. Navalny is experiencing severe pain in the spine and numbness in his leg.
“If you do not start treating, he will die in the coming days,” said one of the doctors, resuscitator Alexander Polupan, who was part of a group of doctors who flew from Moscow to Omsk last summer when Navalny was in a coma after the probable poisoning by Novichok. ...
The doctor called Navalny's condition "an absolute indication for hospitalization."
The world community also demanded to admit the doctor to Navalny.
Open letter to Putin
On Sunday, April 18, a number of countries joined an international protest against the conditions of detention and treatment of Navalny, who was in the Pokrovskaya colony, 100 km east of Moscow.
77 Western writers, filmmakers, actors and journalists - including Svetlana Aleksievich, Jude Law, Stephen Fry, Rafe Fiennes, Vanessa Redgrave, Tom Stoppard and Peter Singer - wrote an open letter to Vladimir Putin.
Among the signatories are five Nobel laureates.
Four doctors announced Navalny's critical condition in an open letter on April 16: Doctor of Medical Sciences, anesthesiologist-resuscitator Alexei Erlikh and three candidates of medical sciences - cardiologist Yaroslav Ashikhmin, neurosurgeon Alexei Kashcheev and general practitioner Anastasia Vasilyeva.
Anastasia Vasilyeva, who was previously detained for protesting near the colony where Navalny is located, also said that the doctors tried to persuade them to let them in to see the patient for several hours, but the colony's leadership refused.
This letter was published by leading Western publications - Le Monde, The Economist, Der Spiegel, Politiken, La Repubblica.
US President Joe Biden said Navalny's treatment in prison was "completely unacceptable," and US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan told CNN that if Navalny dies, "there will be consequences" and Russia "will be held accountable to the international community." ...
You may be interested in: top New York news, stories of our immigrants and helpful tips about life in the Big Apple - read it all on ForumDaily New York
European leaders should discuss the situation the other day. The head of European diplomacy, Josep Borrell, said that the EU is "deeply concerned" about the state of health of the Russian oppositionist and called for immediate admission to Navalny of doctors whom he trusts.
Navalny's 20-year-old daughter, Daria, who is now studying in California, tweeted: "Let the doctors visit my father." And the politician's wife, Yulia, said that he had lost 9 kg from the moment he started the hunger strike.
On Monday, April 19, the Russian authorities announced that Navalny was transferred from the colony to a hospital for convicts.
"They won't let you die"
Meanwhile, the Russian ambassador to Great Britain, Andrei Kelin, said in an interview with the BBC that Navalny was simply trying to attract attention and that "he would not be allowed to die in prison."
“Mr. Navalny is behaving like a bully, trying to break all existing rules,” the Russian diplomat said.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- On the morning of August 20, during a flight from Tomsk to Moscow, the founder of the Anti-Corruption Foundation (FBK), Alexei Navalny, felt sick on the plane. The liner made an emergency landing in Omsk, where Navalny was hospitalized in the emergency hospital No. 1, in the toxic intensive care unit. There the politician fell into a coma.
- Ex-FSB officer and opposition politician Gennady Gudkov toldwhy Navalny's associates and other politicians call the version of the involvement of the special services a priority, as well as how and with what the oppositionist could have been poisoned.
- August 21, the wife of Alexei Navalny Julia signed permission to transport her husband for treatment in Germany. On the morning of August 22, Navalny taken by plane to Berlin... He was still in a coma.
- The clinic where Navalny was taken confirmed the assumptions about his poisoning... Clinical studies have indicated a substance from the group of cholinesterase inhibitors.
- Transportation of an opposition politician to Germany on a special medical plane paid for by Russian businessman Boris Ziminwho now lives in the United States.
- In the United States Department of Commerce сообщилиthat Washington has good reason to believe that the research institutes (SRIs) of the Russian Defense Ministry are involved in the development of chemical and biological weapons.
- September 4th German laboratory found traces of Novichok in Navalny's skin, blood and urine samples.
- On September 7, the Charite clinic, where Alexei Navalny was located, released a new message: politics brought out of an artificial coma and began to gradually disconnect from the ventilator.
- On September 10, it became known that Navalny completely recovered, memory and speech returned to him.
- September 15 politician for the first time since poisoning posted a photo on Instagram. The New York Times writes that he intends to return to Russia.
- On September 23rd, the clinic announced that Navalny was discharged... In total, he spent 32 days in a German hospital.
- In November, the US Congress condemned the poisoning of Navalny and called on the United States and the international community to impose sanctions against those involved.
- Mid-December results joint investigation Bellingcat, The Insider and CNN, with the participation of Der Spiegel, revealed that the attempt on the life of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny in Tomsk was the work of a group of FSB operatives.
- January 18 police took Navalny from passport control at Sheremetyevo airport just after his return from Germany, where he received treatment after poisoning last summer. After that, he was arrested for 30 days.
- On February 2, the Simonovsky Court of Moscow satisfied the Federal Penitentiary Service's demand and replaced opposition leader Alexei Navalny's suspended sentence in the Yves Rocher case with a real one - his sent to jail... The court found that Navalny had systematically violated the rules of probation.
- On April 3, Navalny announced the head because a doctor was not allowed to see him. About how effective such hunger strikes are, read in our material.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 5578 [name] => Bulk [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => navalnyj)Bulk
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12836 [name] => Alexey Navalny [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => aleksej-navalnyj)Alexey Navalny
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13337 [name] => Our people [taxonomy] => category [slug] => nashi-ludi)Our people
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27233 [name] => World [taxonomy] => category [slug] => mir)World
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.