New York Health Insurance: What Options Do Immigrants Have
Where in New York to take out medical insurance, what to do to people without legal immigration status, and how to be someone who does not speak English, when you need to urgently see a doctor, according to the Handbook of Immigrant Rights and Services for Immigrants the official website city.
What are the health insurance programs
In New York, there are a large number of state health insurance programs, many immigrants are eligible to participate. Here is a list of them:
- Medicaid - This insurance is suitable for people of any age with a low level of income, while its effect extends not only to emergency cases. True, there is a nuance: to get this insurance you need to have a legal immigration status.
- Emergency Medicaid - such insurance is suitable for emergency situations;
- Child health plus - oriented to children and adolescents under 18 years old;
- Family Health More - suitable for people aged 19 to 64 years;
- Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP);
- Family Planning Benefit Program (FPBP);
- Family Planning Extension Program (FPEP);
- AIDS Drug Support Program (ADAP) is a program for treating people with HIV-positive status.
Who can get a state health insurance
All immigrants, including undocumented immigrants residing in New York State, are eligible for the following insurance programs:
- Child health plus - children's health;
- Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP) - pregnancy management;
- Family Planning Benefit Program (FPBP) - Family Planning Services Allowance;
- Family Planning Extension Program (FPEP) - family planning;
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) - drug addiction treatment;
- Emergency Medicaid - emergency help.
Insurance for children
In addition, all children, regardless of their immigration status, are entitled to state health insurance if their families' incomes correspond to the established level.
Generally, undocumented and nonimmigrant immigrants — people who come to the United States on a business, student, medical, or tourist visa — are not eligible for Family Health Plus or Medicaid. Exceptions are made in emergencies.
Below are the categories of people eligible to receive services under the said insurance programs:
- US Citizens
- Immigrated to America due to persecution or other problems in the country of residence (refugees, asylum seekers, people of mixed American-Asian descent, Cuban / Haitian, victims of human trafficking, as well as persons with temporary protection status);
- Persons permanently and legally resident in the USA;
- Petition under the Violence Against Women Act, VAWA: This category includes wives and children of US citizens or legal permanent residents who have been abused or abused;
- Immigrants who are temporarily delayed or canceled the deportation;
- “Registered” immigrants (registry immigrants) - this category of people should provide evidence that they have been resident in the United States since January 1, 1972;
- Persons who have a valid temporary residence permit in the United States (parole);
- Native Americans born in Canada, as well as people who come from territories that have a special relationship with the United States;
- veterans of the armed forces, military personnel and members of their families;
- immigrants recognized by the New York State Department of Health as Permanently Residing Under Color of Law (PRUCOL).
Other interesting materials on ForumDaily New York:
- Immerse yourself in the Jurassic world: life-size dinosaurs will be brought to New York
- New York opens The Edge's unique viewing platform: where to buy tickets
- New York City Hall Announces Deficit Face Mask: What Does It Mean?
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 7298 [name] => medical insurance [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => medicinskaya-straxovka)medical insurance
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13344 [name] => New York [taxonomy] => category [slug] => nyu-jork)New York
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28398 [name] => New York immigrants [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => immigranty-v-nyu-jorke)immigrants in new york
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.