'Shouted in pain': another American died from a mysterious illness in the Dominican Republic
A tourist from Denver got sick while on holiday in the Dominican Republic. After landing on the return flight to the United States, he looked so sick that he was not allowed to fly and was sent to the hospital, where he later died.
22-26 June he spent in the hospital on the island, being in critical condition: according to relatives, “he constantly vomited, and he screamed in pain,” writes The New York Post. As a result, 26 June relatives who announced a fundraiser to cover the cost of his return home, reported on the portal GoFundMethat man died.
Khalid Adkins rested in the Dominican Republic with his daughter. 23 June they had to return to the US, but the man looked so sick and haggard that the airline refused to allow him on the flight.
“He said:“ They dragged me out of the plane and sent me to the hospital, ”said Adkins daughter Marla Strick.
According to her, the man "sweated heavily and went to the toilet because he was sick, and that was when they kicked him out of the plane."
It seems that his mysterious disease is related to what happened to dozens of other tourists who fell ill while on holiday on the island. Over the past year in the Dominican Republic, under mysterious circumstances, killed more than ten tourists.
From the airport, Adkins was taken to a hospital in Santo Domingo, where doctors told his family that he was in critical condition. His relatives said they were not informed of the official diagnosis, but the doctors said that the American developed kidney failure and breathing problems.
While he was still alive, the family was told at the hospital that a man could be sent to the USA, but this would require 20 000 dollars.
Relatives launched a fundraiser on the GoFundMe portal to cover the cost of transporting the patient in the US. However, in the end it turned out that the funds would have to be spent on transporting the body.
“We have no explanation for what happened, all they say is that he fell ill. We need to get his body home. We really want to know what happened, ”the page says.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, from Prince George County, Virginia, were found dead in a room at the Bahía Príncipe in the resort of Playa Nueva Romana, on the south-east coast of the country.
- Miranda Schaupp-Werner was found dead in a hotel Grand Bahía Príncipe in La Romana 25 May.
- Relatives of 51-year-old Yvette Monique Sport told that she went to the resort last June and stopped at the Bahia Principe Resort in Punta Cana. In the room she drank a drink from the minibar and died that night.
- A woman from New York claims that because of a soda bottle filled with bleach, she’s was bleeding in the same resort in the Dominican Republic, where several tourists died.
- 31 is a summer tourist from Russia Maria Cheremushkina passed away during the holidays Dominican Republic. The incident occurred on the night of June 1. Relatives learned that shortly before the incident, the girl complained of heartache, but the necessary help was not provided to her. For some reason, she was taken to the hospital by taxi, because the ambulance staff refused to call the hotel.
- Deer Creek High School Alumni (Oklahoma) flew out 8 was in June in the Dominican Republic and settled at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, where at least 2 Americans were killed and several others fell ill. Soon, the teenagers felt bad, they could not establish the diagnosis.
- 18 June became aware of the death in the Dominican Republic of 55-year-old Joseph Allen from New Jersey. Him body 13 Jun found on the floor of the hotel room.
- 20 June became aware that 59-year-old Susan Simono passed away on June 19 in New Orleans after she was urgently hospitalized due to fluid in her lungs. Her death came in a week after she returned from her honeymoon in Punta Cana.
- 21 June family two dead in the Dominican Republic American tourists turned to Fox News after hearing news of two other victims of the dreaded resort. It turned out that 17 was a 2016-year-old resident of Pennsylvania, 69 of September of the year 18, and 2018 of april of 41, XNUMX-year-old man from Kansas.
- 24 Jun State Department confirmed the death of another American tourist in the Dominican Republic. They became 56-year-old Vittorio Caruso from Glen Cove, Long Island.
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the option "Priority in the show" - and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman - There you will find a lot of positive information.