US Navy cruiser detains ship with large shipment of Russian and Chinese weapons
An American missile cruiser detained an unmarked vessel in the Arabian Sea, on board of which they found a large batch of Russian and Chinese-made weapons, writes Air force.
Now the US authorities are establishing from where and where the ship was heading.
According to the official Twitter account of the US 5th Fleet, the arrest was carried out in neutral waters by the team of the missile cruiser Monterrey. The operation lasted more than two days.
The US military notes that thousands of Russian and Chinese-made machine guns, as well as Russian anti-tank missile systems, sniper rifles and machine guns, were found on board the vessel.
The found weapon was confiscated.
The crew of the vessel carrying the illegal cargo was released after interrogation. Now the US authorities are establishing from where and where the weapons were transported.
According to the US military, the shipment of weapons was destined for Yemeni Houthi rebels, the Associated Press reported.
Presumably, the ship was sailing from Iran.
Laid out on the deck of @USSMonterey
Cache of seized weapons included: dozens of advanced Russian-made anti-tank guided missiles; 1000s of Chinese Type 56 assault rifles; 100s of PKM machine guns, sniper rifles & rocket-propelled grenades launchers. Plus advanced optical sights pic.twitter.com/U00EB74XEf
- US 5th Fleet (@ US5thFleet) May 8, 2021
This is not the first time that an American ship has been detained with a large cargo of weapons in the Arabian Sea. In particular, in early 2020, the US military detained an Iranian ship with weapons.
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- At the end of March, NATO announced that lifted their fighters into the air 10 times against the background of the "atypical" level of activity of the Russian Air Force over Europe.
- April 15 US President Joe Biden signed a decree declaring a "state of emergency in the country" due to the threat from Russia, and his administration introduced new sanctions against the Russian Federation. The US State Department announced that it was expelling 10 officials from the Russian diplomatic mission.
- During conversation between two leaders Biden told Russian President Vladimir Putin to "ease tensions" after building up Russian military power on the border of Ukraine and in Crimea, the Ukrainian peninsula occupied by Russia since 2014. The conversation took place a few days after Biden spoke with the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskiy amid heightened concerns about a military build-up.
- 23 April American strategic reconnaissance aircraft RC-135 was accompanied by a Russian fighter MiG-31 over the Pacific Ocean.
Read also on ForumDaily:
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 1 [name] => Miscellaneous [taxonomy] => category [slug] => no_theme)Miscellaneous
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12 [name] => In the US [taxonomy] => category [slug] => novosti-ssha)In the U.S.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 528 [name] => weapon [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => oruzhie)weapon
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 6485 [name] => US Navy [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => vms-ssha)US Navy
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our РєР ° РЅР ° Р »РІ Telegram - there are many interesting things. And join thousands of readers ForumDaily Woman и ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.