Quarantine tourism: Egypt launches online walks through tombs and temples
The Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities, which protects and preserves the country's historical and cultural heritage, has launched a series of free online trips to tombs and other famous buildings in Egypt. The ministry publishes links to tours on social networks, supplementing them with hashtags #StayHome, writes "Favorites".
Virtual tours are 3D-models of rooms, composed of many pictures. You can view the tombs in the same way as the streets on Google maps.
A virtual copy of the structure allows you to freely move around, zoom in on the camera and view even the smallest details, while other visitors will not interfere with you.
Eight locations are available for visiting:
As ForumDaily wrote earlier:
- Virtual entertainment is now really booming. Therefore, the need for informative and interesting entertainment in addition to watching films is increasing. We offer to hold virtual tours of the most famous castles in Europe.
- Today, all museums, cinemas, as well as aquariums and zoos are closed for quarantine. However, many of them are equipped with cameras that allow you to watch, say, animals, thanks to daily broadcasts. Here are 20 fascinating Webcasts from Aquariums and Zoos.
- In order not to be bored at home during forced quarantine, pay attention to online offers from world famous museums, galleries, theaters and other cultural institutions.
- The Red Panda Cam at the Oklahoma City Zoo (Oklahoma) is a delightful way to experience wildlife from afar while you are at home in quarantine: worth seeing Live streaming of family life of incredibly cute red pandas.
- The largest museums in different parts of the world provide free virtual tours according to their expositions and are even ready to show you what is usually hidden from the eyes of visitors.
- Due to quarantine in connection with the epidemic of coronavirus infection, not everyone can personally visit the National Park in Washington (DC), so the park decided to launch Live Streaming Sakura Blossom.
- The park ranger will take you on a virtual tour of an ancient glacier in Alaska or a limestone cave in New Mexico - here 5 scenic US national parksoffering virtual tours.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 12600 [name] => Egypt [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => egipet)Egypt
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 19468 [name] => free travel [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => besplatnye-puteshestviya)free travel
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28498 [name] => Positive [taxonomy] => category [slug] => pozitiv)Positive
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28505 [name] => online excursions [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => onlajn-ekskursii)online excursions
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.