Useful quarantine: 50 online resources with various free courses
Hundreds of educational sites have opened free access to training courses. In three weeks you can master a lot - from new hobbies to coding, sorcery and magic. Edition IPhones.RU has collected many free platforms for learning and entertainment.
Enter the IT World
Quarantine was least affected by IT specialists: both psychologically and financially. If you want to change your profession and be able to work remotely, not only during the epidemic, here you are:
- Courses и intense GeekBrains - Python, Java, Swift, website and application development, as well as product management, web design and Facebook advertising;
- Bang bang education - all 46 courses are available free of charge until April 16, topics - from design to development for Arduino;
- Netology - courses and classes, development, SMM, even preparation for exams Google Ads and Yandex. Direct. A month of free access using the STAYHOME code;
- Microsoft Official Courses - from a beginner to a solution architect, with tests, most are available for free;
- Microsoft Product Learning Videos in Russian - from Channel19;
- Yandex Academy - lectures, meetings and workshops, breakdown by topics, videos on YouTube;
- Loft Blog - video lessons that will definitely help determine the direction in IT and not only;
- Stepik - courses with an interactive platform, tasks and tests, a lot of practice. Some courses are available for free;
- SkillBox - online master classes are available for free after registration and repost;
- Programming Courses for Beginners from Otus - will help you understand whether you need it or not;
- Codeacademy - free entry-level courses, a good selection of languages - there are even R and Go;
- HTML Academy - web development, entry-level courses are available for free;
- Large selection of Data Science courses from Dataquest - part is available free of charge after registration;
- Big Data Analytics from DataMonkey with emphasis on SQL;
- Website development on Tilda from Contented - the course was opened for everyone at the time of quarantine.
On the subject: An online bar has opened where you can drink during quarantine
And a little more clean practice:
- CodinGame - big tasks, fast “fights” with interesting tasks, challenges and tournaments. Only practice and a good selection of programming languages;
- Leetcode - many free tasks that happen during interviews, code validation, comparison with other solutions in terms of execution speed and resource consumption;
- Hackerrank - a huge selection of tasks, complexity - from initial to high, including those that go beyond the programs of courses and universities;
- HTML simulator from SkillFactory - master the layout and take the first step in the front end.
A good level of English means freedom of travel after quarantine, prestigious work, original Netflix series, and self-confidence. Today you need to know more than London is the capital of Great Britain.
- Puzzle English - English according to Ticher’s method, from Beginner to Intermediate, for most interviews this is enough;
- LinguaLeo и DuoLingo - free online portals and mobile applications for learning in a playful way;
- Busuu - the language platform is available for free at the time of quarantine, scheduled courses for children and adolescents. Not only English, but also Spanish, Chinese and French;
- Lingust - audio lessons, grammar, business English, Pimsler method for pros from the FSB and the CIA;
- TED - short motivating and simply interesting speeches of speakers from around the world, a selection with Russian subtitles;
- Lang8 - communities of native speakers will help, prompt, correct the post;
- Math english from HSE;
- English lessons from the BBC - if difficult, you can always turn on subtitles;
- Rachel's English - short videos, everyday situations, American English;
- English with Jennifer - dialogues, grammar, increase vocabulary in simple and understandable videos;
- English per minute - video from Voice of America;
- Memrise - a platform that will help new learn words on flashcards online.
Improve your or someone else's business
Quarantine = crisis. People in a remote place, some of the companies “go into hibernation”, the travel industry is curtailed due to closed borders. And they buy less - if you, of course, do not sell essential goods.
But something can be done, and it will come in handy for the future:
- Course “Text and Money” Maxim Ilyakhov - 53 lessons in audio recordings;
- Free Webinars on Marketing, Advertising and SMMas well as courses for beginners from Cybermarketing;
- Vector - courses on how to improve an existing business or open a new one;
- SEO, SMM and PPC courses from the portal "Topekspert".
- Moscow School of Management Skolkovo - training from practitioners in short lectures on YouTube;
- Business environment - 2-minute videos with life hacks of successful entrepreneurs;
- Brand Marketing Course from Andrey Fedoriv - how to create and develop your own brand, a series of videos on YouTube;
- Blogging for Business - the $ 800 Ahrefs Academy English language course has temporarily become free;
- Beginner's Investment Course from the Tinkoff Journal.
And two useful courses on remote work:
- Remote Management and Employee Management Course from Sberbank;
- A series of webinars from the publishing house “MIF” about how to survive and not go crazy on a distance.
Go headlong into science
- ScienceVideoLab - video about scientific theories, facts and myths;
- Gutenberg's Smoking Room - boring scientific lectures;
- Stubborn Paleontologist - how dinosaurs lived and why they are actually not as cool as it might seem;
- Channel with excellent chemistry lectures - there is about dry ice, and about unusual experiments;
- Video of the journal “Science and Life” - just a return to childhood.
Become more cultured
- Arzamas - courses on the history of Russia and the world, literature, art, anthropology. And also cool special projects, for example, “Russian language from "Goy Yes" to "Lol Kek"";
- Art History Course from “Synchronization” - learn to distinguish Monet from Manet and not only;
- Hermitage Academy - official courses of the Hermitage;
- Pushkin Academy - course on the history of art;
- PostScience - courses of various subjects, but with a scientific bias: from the work of the brain to quantum theory;
- Open university - courses on history, sociology, political science, culture;
- Theory and practice - modern knowledge in all areas of science and art;
- Total dictation - Russian language lessons, detailed analysis. There is also a course on the history of Russian spelling “Mouse is cropping";
- We - video lectures on world culture and history;
Learn new hobbies
- 4Brain - a selection of courses for the development of the brain and body: from speed reading to self-defense. Free texts, books and articles are available;
- SkillShare - creative courses, from professional photography to design and interiors. Two months of free access are provided;
- Exploring the city in creative ways - keeping a distance to avoid infection;
- Hogwarts Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry - Yes, yes, and “Protection from the Dark Arts.”
- Oli vince - One of the most enjoyable courses in watercolor and coffee;
- DrawWithJazza - boring drawing with unusual materials and technologies;
- Boring sound - Theory and practice of music in an adequate modern format;
- Piano training - even if you don’t have a piano;
- Headspace - three months of free access to the meditation service;
- Guides about everything - From starting a startup to switching to vegetarianism. In English.
Bonus: free courses from the best universities and not only
- Open education - 503 courses of leading Russian universities;
- HSE Courses - classic programs in all major areas;
- SPbU courses - Actual programs from the first university of the country;
- Lectures by scientists of Moscow State University - courses for a variety of specialties;
- Lectures of MSTU Bauman - classic IT education and current technology;
- 630 free courses from leading Russian universities on platforms like Coursera. Some are available only to students; a letter from the dean’s office or other documents will be required;
- 450 Ivy League University Free Courses - feel like a student at Harvard or Princeton;
- Courses of the State Institute of the Russian Language Pushkin - not only about the language;
- Lecture Hall - MIPT online learning platform;
- National Open University “Intuit” - IT education, retraining, advanced training;
- Universarium - open platform for online learning, courses from leading universities of the Russian Federation;
- Lecture Hall - educational project for boring learning;
- Egor Gaidar Open University - video courses, emphasis on economics and humanities;
- Saint Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics - 68 cool courses in IT, biotechnology, optical systems, instrument engineering;
- Huge table with free courses of leading world universities - Harvard, Stanford, Yale and not only, regularly updated.
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 3778 [name] => quarantine [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => karantin)quarantine
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 13992 [name] => Likbez [taxonomy] => category [slug] => poleznaja-informatsija)Educational program
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 27254 [name] => online training [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => obuchenie-onlajn)online training
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28340 [name] => coronavirus [taxonomy] => post_tag [slug] => koronavirus)coronavirus
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28347 [name] => Special projects [taxonomy] => category [slug] => specproekty)Special Projects
stdClass Object ([term_id] => 28353 [name] => READ ABOUT CORONAVIRUS [taxonomy] => special [slug] => kitajskij-koronavirus)
Read also on ForumDaily:
Do you want more important and interesting news about life in the USA and immigration to America? Subscribe to our page in Facebook. Choose the "Display Priority" option and read us first. And don't forget to subscribe to ForumDaily Woman and ForumDaily New York - there you will find a lot of interesting and positive information.